What to do about NOISY neighbors?

This is a nightmare. I can't even think about what's going on in this woman's apartment. She has a daughter who is incredibly tall for her age and shaped like a barrel and she screams.

I don't know why. At least 5 times a day I hear yelling, thumping noises and her screaming. It doesn't sound like she's being hurt, more like she's retarded or something. It's usually something like:

*thump* *crash* incoherent yelling* AAAAAAAAHHHH! AAAAHHH! *woman yelling angrily*

I'd say she broke something but this happens every day. That one time my mother confronted her she threw a hissy fit. For real. The jumping-up-and-down kind. And one time I left a note saying ''please be quiet :)'' on their doorstep. When her husband, whom we thought was a regular human being until then, started yelling about how disrespectful it was and what he's going to do to the person who left the note.

Siiiigh.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly there may not be much the parents can do. If their child is autistic, it can be incredibly difficult for them to control the tantrums, depending on the level of autism.

So try to understand what they're going through. And invest in some decent speakers. I hope you like music.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you reported any of this? You need to record these events and then report it. Sometimes people are so wrapped up in their own lives they cannot see that they are hurting other people.

They all sound like weird people anyway - who screams and yells like that 5 times a day? Perhaps they are all on meds. Either way, record it and report it and be prepared for things to get worse before they get better. Good luck with it all.

I'll go file a complaint. I've had enough.

What Guys Said 9

• They're typical people who are also complete assholes with zero self-regulation and their children inherited their lack of civility.

• Become a Megaphone, boom box yourself and they will understand it!.. Give them taste of their own medicine!

• At this point you raise the issue with your superintendent regarding the threatening behaviour (as well as the noise) and contact your city council/the police. What usually happens is you get given a process to follow of recording the exact times and dates of the disruptive noise. You might want to speak to your other neighbours to see if they are disturbed by it too as that will strengthen your case.

My current upstairs neighbour would play loud pumping music at random - sometimes just before midnight, sometimes just one song. SOMEONE must have done SOMETHING to them, as that hasn't happened for six months.

• do you and your neighbors rent the properties you're in or own them?

We both own them.

@nikki_24 they own the properties so there is no landlord.

i think something to do would be to talk to them about being good neighbors. that you guys try to be good neighbors and only ask the same in return. you can call police for noise violations and disturbing the peace so you could perhaps find a way to bring that up as a potential consequence... but a last resort if peaceful and neighborly resolution can't occur

• As some have said depends what type of home you have but complain to the supervisor or you can make a noise complaint to the local police if things are really bad.

• Sounds like the child has turrets

• Shut up and mind your own business?

• Talk to the super and see if he'll deal with them.

• I'd say call the landlord and have them deal with it.

I feel you though I'm about to tell my new neighbor to keep the noise down late at night too.

What Girls Said 7

• If I were you, and they don't want to be/can't be respectful, I would try to move. Obviously they don't care about anyone else's comfort. Sorry about what's going on!

• Talk to your supervisor about the noise issues, and see what he or she can do about things. If not, you can always file noise complaints with the police.

• Maybe she's got something wrong with her in which case would explain why the guys angry as they can't really do much for that

• It sounds like the girl probably has some sort of mental disability. If that's the case, there might not be much that can be done about it.

• is it possible she has a disability I know someone who has Autism he can't talk but when he gets angry or when he gets told he can't do something he kicks things throws things he screams like he is being murdered

• Call the landlord.

We own the apartments.

• Sounds like a mentally ill person having a break down every day. You ever call the cops just incase someone is being abused?

I doubt they'd do much for abuse here.