Apartment Newbie Question?

Alright... Well... I am actually 22, and I am getting my own apartment soon. I was looking at apartments online, and I noticed a listing for a very, very, very nice apartment for only $700 a month! The apartment becomes available on October 2nd. However... my goal is to move into an apartment the first week of November.

I really want that apartment that is available on October 2nd... but does that mean I have to move in right away if I get the apartment... or will they let me move into the apartment the 1st week of November, if I get it?

What Girls Said 1

• Remember someone has to pay the mortgage on that and I'm sure whoever owns it will not pay for it to be empty for a month for a stranger to move in. Best bet is to hope no one else takes it and it's still available. Or move in a month earlier than you planned.

I use to rent my houses out before I sold them and I rented them first come, first served. Unless the potential occupants were not trustworthy then I'd go to my second choice and so on. I'd never have waited for a person to move in, that would mean the unoccupied month was on me and that was not gonna happen.

Hope this helps.

What Guys Said 2

• It could happen, if they don't think anyone will rent it, or they have several units open. Only way to know for sure is if you talk to them though.

• As long as you're paying the money, you don't have to be there at all.