How can I clear up storage?

I have an android and I use an SD card, but I still don't have any storage space. What can do I without deleting apps and stuff to clear up some space?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a #TeamAndroid member, I have some tips for you!

Whenever we download anything from the internet browser, (podcast, email attachment, pica, video, etc.), that stuff is ALWAYS defaulted to go to the download folder, on the internal storage. Get a file folder app from the app store, and manually move those files to the SD card. I'm a sports podcast listener and I always have to do this.

Make sure the camera app you are using, saves the photos to the SD card instead of internal storage. Go to the DCIM folder on internal storage, then open the camera folder, then move those pica to the SD card.

Screenshots ALWAYS save to the internal storage. Manually move those to the SD card.

Although some of the bloatware can't be completely removed, what you can do, is to clear the app data and the cache of those damn bloatware apps. Go to the app settings, click the app, and clear the data and the cache of each app.

Some of all the downloaded apps u have , can move to the SD card. In the app settings there should be a button that says "move to SD card ". Press that button, be patient for a few seconds, and some of the app storage will be on the SD card. However if u remove the SD card, those apps won't work at all.

Hopefully this helped!

What Guys Said 11

• delete temp data storage. a lot of apps will store temporary data that you can clear freeing up lots of MB's without deleting the app. an app like google maps is a big culprit. it will save lots of searches and other stuff into your phone but you can delete it without messing with the app

• You could try a bigger SD card or try getting an online storage through an online cloud

I have a large SD card. I just don't think everything is on it

I just hate how little storage phones have unless you want to pay a few hundred extra for the storage, which I don't 😂

Yeah.. same. Ughh

• Back them up on a computer or cloud service with a backup utility app. Or manually via wireless, bluetooth, USB or some other type of connection.

• Delete some pictures and music. That's what usually clogs my phone up.

• Buy a phone with 32 GB internal storage or more, lol

Prepaid carriers usually don't carry phones that big. 😓

Huh? You can buy a Nexus 5x for 300$ with no contract of any kind

The contract for the service, not for the phone itself. 😏

• move some apps to phone storage or buy a new sd card

• Clear app caches. Also, unfortunately, in some cases, you have to eliminate some apps.

• There's hardly anything left which you could delete without consequences

• get a bigger SD card

• use the google photos app to upload your photos and videos to google photos. they have free unlimited storage if you use their compression algorithm which is fine for photos but the video quality gets degraded a bit. then you can delete them from the phone.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0