I feel I know nothing about the world?

I am staying with my sister in an apartment and I accidentally didn't turn the stove off all the way, when the pasta started boiling over. As it turns out it's a gas stove, and if you don't turn it off all the way, you could cause an explosion. I had no idea it was a gas stove. My sister yelled at me for it and now I am sad because apparently its my fault that I lived such a sheltered life. There was no stopping her after that. She started ranting about how I mumble. I don't mumble I just have a soft voice. And about how if i go out in the world alone, I will fall on my face. Which I probably will. How can I know more about the world?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know who you remind me of;
    http://data.whicdn.com/images/33477987/large.jpg
    Ok ok kidding...
    Look, all you gotta do is use the same internet you are using right now, and read up on stuff about cooking, gas stoves etc. Think you don't know about something, look it up. The more you know the better... John Snow XD

Haha I love game of thrones

What Guys Said 11

• I just got a gas stove and I left it running by accident for hours. Happen to be a Samsung? I like the old style ranges that have a light... I see that, I don't see the flame so well. So no, you aren't a dummy... or there are others like you, I suspect the appliance is not designed correctly. Either way, you learned something.

you are a lot like I was. Your sister sounds like my brother... he was very verbally "hard" and abusive. I let it ruin my self esteem for many years.

They are probably angry because they are concerned you will make a big mistake.

I did it, you just have to start having experiences and learn. You can make little mistakes and you will, just avoid big ones. I've made big ones, and so have others... if you are alive, you are still in the game.

Read books, talk to people here and in persona and get perspective. Travel when you can to other places. That's a start.

As well, if you have a pip squeek voice, your sister may have pounded you into the ground emotioally. Are you introverted and feel "controlled" or supprssed? If so, then there is some psychological work that needs done in you over time to get your self esteem maxed out. That is essential for girls and guys.

• No one borns knowing it all. We learn as we live. Sometimes we learn through good experiences, sometimes like me, with bad ones.

Although your sister is right about the fact you could have caused an explosion, I think she overreacted. Nothing happened and that's what matters.

Just go out there and experience life. Start watching the news or reading newspapers. Make more friends (or talk to the ones you already have). Sometimes they know more than us and by talking to them you learn more things. At least my friends are like that: since they're on Twitter the whole day, they get world news faster than anybody, and then we talk about it on Whatsapp.

The world is a beautiful place. It is up to us to explore and learn from it :)

• Well congratulations! You are an adult now because you recognize the fact that, unlike most teenagers, you don't know everything. This stuff comes with experience, honey, and talking to people asking them for advice and what they think.

• You gain life experience by experiencing life. You need to get out there and see the real world if you want to learn about it. Just remember, experience is a hard teacher because it gives the test first and the lesson afterwards.

• You just gotta live life and learn the hard way by making mistakes

That's really bad though you sound like my brother! Once he just left water boiling for tea... And left the house without making the tea, he melted my pot! And my land lord called the fire department!

• You are already getting more about the world. You have learned some good lessons today. See this day like the start of a revolution in your personality.

Analyse the stuff around you.
    Involve yourself on things that demand responsibility from you.

• It's veeeeeery unlikely to "cause an explosion" because it's not off all the way. You would smell the gas if it was getting out. Though, I can't imagine how you wouldn't know it's gas... You have to "ignite" it.

Of course it's not your fault you were sheltered. You should yell back that maybe she should help instead of blaming you for something that's not your fault.

• Life is all about trials and errors. It isn't too late to start learning so better be on the lookout.

• Well she's not saying you're stupid or you don't know much, but she gave you directions how to use a gas stove.

Therefore the mature thing to do in that situation is follow directions, and then she will give you positive feedback.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

• Are you that kind of person that stays indoors often?

Not really. Like I said, sheltered life.

No, I get what you're saying. When I moved from a private school to a public one, I realized how sheltered I was. I didn't even know what 9/11 was until I was almost in middle school. I think I need to get out in the world more.

Basically, yes. I'd suggest you to find some friends from different environment, hang out with'em.

• A soft SMEXY voice? Marry meh? 💍

What Girls Said 0