Im calling in sick tomorrow. dick move, or not?

im not going to work tomorrow... fuck it. I've had plenty to drink and a good night with some friends and family at a bbq and quite frankly i hate my job. I'm going to have a few more beers now that im home, listen to some music and chill. I'll phone in sick as a courtesy but in all honesty they won't miss me, then i'll sleep in until 10 or 11.

the shop is always dead, but i do feel kind of bad that one of the other supervisors will have to do a 10hr shift, Although i did 3 10hr shifts last week!

dick move, or well earned unofficial day off? you decide!

• dick move!im calling in sick tomorrow. dick move, or not?
  • live for the moment!im calling in sick tomorrow. dick move, or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Day off

good girl! my mind is already made up, but reinforcement can never hurt :p

Most Helpful Guy

• How is it a dick move? You're the one who suffers for it and it sounds like you put in a lot of hard work for little gain. It wouldn't kill them to work a little extra. It's no different then if you actual were sick- the outcome would be the same. And start looking for a different job, because that one sounds depressing af.

i'll either be leaving soon, or reducing hours to under 16hrs a week to go back to uni so looking for a new job isn't worth it in all honesty. also, this is my first day off.

more beer it is then i guess.

What Girls Said 2

• Beerz

yeah, im so drunk now they would send me home anyway lol. i just hope i wake up in time to call in sick :p

• just relax and enjoy your day off

well its not an actual day off. i'll be phoning in sick because i can't be bothered to go in :p

what's wrong with that

What Guys Said 3

• Should've kept this to yourself rather than posting this online. Anyway, take a day off. It's useful and healthy.

meh, the chances of my manager seeing this, and me actually giving a fuck are slim to none.

• While I wouldn't exactly have followed in your footsteps... yeah, take the day off.

You're paid for working at your best. The alcohol has compromised your system and you could actually cause harm by reporting while still under the weather. You might want to try to make it up to your team later, if you don't want this threatening your employment (or changes at future employment).