People who have anxiety? :)?

Due to my upbringing, I have some issues. Every night my mother would come home drunk and scream and break things for hours. This went on for years - and now as an 18 year old I suffer from daily panic attacks, and I'm terrified of any loud noises (people, cars, planes) and I cannot handle confrontation. I have a bad habit of locking myself in the bathroom and hiding in the tub, I suppose because I feel too - over stimulated by things, it's a bit hard to explain and I can't always pin point what sets me off.

Does anyone else share bad anxieties/depressions? 😶 Is this a complete turn off? My SO seems to be okay with me, he'll hold my face and kiss me and it seems to calm me right down!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have panic disorder too and did something called cognitive behavioral therapy that helped. It teaches you to calm yourself down easier and not freak out when you're uncomfortable. I also like to meditate and do deep breathing exercises.

What Guys Said 1

• Depression is adorable in girls but not in guys.

Hey its you again! And no I can confirm that is not true. Most of the depressed guys I've met made me care about their well being all day and night. It also gives me the urge to help them out, even if its only a little.

@FoxxyFanta im not sure if ur saying that out of pity cuz i heard girls dont like it.. or you could possibly be one of the special being that exist in 1/100. Wish more like you appear in this cruel world that we live in 😔

What Girls Said 2

• I've had my fair share however more or less I get really pissed off when something offs my hearing because I am too sensitive to some sounds and then I get really quiet, however boyfriends have had no problem, but I make sure they don't feel like they're taking care of a child I suppose but a girlfriend. Its hard when you need all the comforting but you don't want to come off too needy.

• having anxiety is a nightmare, you can try as hard as you can to cool it, I now take a daily stress pill combined with a mild anti depressant... there are still times that doesn't even help! Mine is from abuse, I grew up in an abusive home, then straight into an abusive marriage at 17... loud noise sets me off, especially really loud music..