Has anyone ever encountered paranormal activity?

I am in Scotland for vacation with my sister and today we went on a tour of Mary King's close. Towards the end of the tour on the main street, I was the only one to hear horses on a cobblestone street and a group of people drinking at a tavern. I brushed it off and dismissed it as a recording. I did some research on the tour. Turns out there is no recording boxes on the alleyways of Mary kings close. I am a total skeptic but now I am a little more open-minded.

3mo It couldn't have been the people on ground level. We were 15 stories below ground level.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never did, nor did anyone I know.
    But near me, glasses empty themselves, spaghetti and pizza just disappears.
    And my granddaughter knew the smell of Nutella when she was only a few months old. All by miracle!
    Does that count?

Most Helpful Girl

• Now you Know, @ginny_weasley, there is especially 'Paranormal Activity' In... Many of these Tours out in Europe, such as the One you Went on in Scotland. Old Hotels, ships, Castles, things of this Nature.
    Yes, all of my Life, I have Experienced Many things. My Grandma used to Tell us Many a Ghost story and no Doubt About it, Life After death Exists until Judgment Day when God Meets and Greets us Finally.
    Speaking of Grandma, after Passing away on Thanksgiving, at her Own wake, the Cross that was Hanging over her coffin, Began Swaying back and forth for Over an hour, Stopping at times, as 17 Family Members Stood Surrounding her to Say our Final "Good-byes."
    Grandma, I believe, was Trying to Tell us She was Okay, she was Well now and to Thank us for Coming and Making this Day so Special, and to Go on now and be Happy, for she was at Peace now.
    Good luck and Thanks so much for Sharing. xx

What Guys Said 15

• Nope, not yet, unfortunately :(

• I heard the wail of the Banshee the night my uncle died. The night my brother died I heard three loud knocks on the table.

• yes I have had my bedroom door slammed while I was in bed when I was growing up with no explenation. That shit is scary as hell. Well it is supposedly inhabited by a ghost of a man who died there in the 70's

• i haven't and if i every encountered i would say to that ghost, wanna hang out or play any video games? :D

• Yes, I have

and sorry for the amount of backstory but its all necessary
      So, I was doing and still do a mix of online and on campus college class.
      I was on campus Tuesday Thursday and off Monday wedsday Friday.
      I was really depressed and I made a deal with myself, If I got all my online classwork done on Monday and all hw Tuesday, I could lay around on the couch and watch burn notice on netflix all day.
      Now I got up at seven thirty when my dad left for work. He leaves the radio on every time and whats worse is that is I HATE the radio show that he leaves on.
      Its tough to describe the level of assholery of these hosts, so I will just say that they are giant incorrigable douchebags and assholes.

now after I settle on the couch I get about fifteen minutes and I can hear them over my burn notice. Now I'm ANGRY, (Seriously these guys are the biggest assholes and douchebags on local radio and I LIVE IN THE BOSTON AREA. So Assholes are incredibly common.)
      I get up and walk to the other room and literally rip the radios cord out of the outlet.
      About noon I realize that I should probably do more than eat and watch burn notice. So I go to shower.
      When I come back downstairs, THE RADIO IS ON. VOLUME CRANKED. AND REPEATING THE FIRST FEW WORDS TO THE LORDS PRAYER.
      Now mom side of the family is Sicilian American and therefore also very catholic.
      My grandfather died when my mom was twelve and It was probably him trying to comfort me as I was depressed and angry at the world.

• Yea, I was at this American guys house casually munching on some maccas (you know coz 'merica yeah) chucked a leak came back and found that my cheese burger disappeared. Shit u not gone in 60 seconds. Creepy af

• Never in my life which im greatful got. I think i have seen shadows quite a few time or was i just seeing my hair follicles to the side of my small eye 🤔

• nope, I don't believe in that stuff

• I have not

• girls in heels, echos from a local bar or party. i would stay skeptical if i was you

• I heard knocking on walls

• Yes, there is no other explanation for some of the stupidity I've seen in society and on this site.

• Maybe someone was playing with his or her smart phone and got this sound?
    For sure it was not paranormal. Some way, for certain, it was pretty normal haha :D

It sounded like it was coming from about ten feet above me. I certainly hope there is a scientific reason behind this.

Maybe there was a commercial reason why they want to make people believe there are ghosts around there 8) 8)
      Maybe the spookyness of the place is their trademark?

• It's all in your brain

• İ saw an alien

What Girls Said 9

• yes on a number of occasions since i was a child and even just last year, our old home was a 100+ year old Spanish era farmhouse and when i was 4 i remember seeing scorched toddlers footsteps on the ceiling of the living room, a few days later the entire ceiling of the living room collapsed and we had to rebuild it

some years later my little brother mentioned seeing 2 tall black human-like figures outside our bedroom window in the middle of the night for at least a month, i initially didn't believe it but on the last day i woke up to a sound in the bedroom and saw the black figures, i froze up and hid under my sheets until i tried to convince myself that its just a dream, when i looked again they were still there, so i tried to wake up my brother who was on a bad above me and found out he was awake the whole time staring right at them without blinking an eye, but when i got him to snap out of it the figures disappeared

then when i was 10 we were sleeping at the living room sofa and woke up to knocking on the window (note that we're on the 2nd floor) i opened it and saw a nice old couple who greeted us and gave us presents, we somehow fell asleep right after meeting them and when we woke up we were wearing the presents (which turned out to be shirts that fit us perfectly) i later found out from my mom while she was showing us her family photo's that they were her parents.. who both died when i was just 1 year old

then when i was 13 we had a crazy idea to visit the old intramuros Spanish city world heritage site, it was a large portion of the fortress city of intramuros that remained exactly the same condition as it did 300 years ago, and we decided to visit it past midnight which wasn't allowed, we stayed until 2 am until we decided nothing was gonna happen, right as i was gonna say that we should go home i felt a hand over my head that petted me like one of my uncles did, but it was cold so i got spooked, i looked behind me while half scared out of my whits and saw a gentleman ghost in Spanish garb, and a whole bunch of ghosts walking around going about their afterlife like it was still 1680 o_o

- continuation -

after that i had enough of scaring myself to death so i stopped trying to see them, but then the paranormal decided to scare me again with what a lot of people claim i saw was a ufo at around 8pm in maya maya harbor, tagaytay last year, it was a yellowish ball of light that kept changing colors and was zipping around the sky in ways planes or satellites could never achieve, i stupidly shined a powerful 50,000 lumen flashlight at it and it reacted suddenly by zipping at what seemed like mac-10 all the way behind a mountain, we didn't get to see it again :\

oh and also last year my brother was haunted by a spirit of a twisted witch, who tried to choke him to death in his sleep and stabbed his back with knives that weren't really there, all the while he was completely frozen and even unable to breath, it only went away after i noticed its presence

then there was another which happened when i was 16 and it was the infamous white lady, it was during the school retreat we had to a catholic retreat house in the mountains, and we saw her standing in pale white garb at the edge of the treeline of the forest at 3am, there was no moon but you could see her in the darkness so easily

then there was an incident of one of my classmates while we were visiting a friend in bulacan, we were close to a really old forest in the middle of the night and two of our companions got lost from the group, a few minutes after we started to look for them we found one of them running really fast and stopped to us and frantically told us that his friend was squashed by a huge dark human-like figure that smelled of marijuana, in philippine folklore the only thing that describes that is a kapre, an ancient spirit that sleeps on top of the oldest trees of the forest, by the time you smell the marijuana it loves to smoke you're usually dead meat

• When i was a kid my family swore our old house was haunted but iv never ever experienced in myself. Supposedly there was a little girl they kept seeing that would shut the doors and cabins shut if they were open. The thing is i believe my parents believed it was a ghost but i can't say iv experienced it myself. I didn't believe there was a ghost and i believed it could probably be explained logically but it didn't help me not feel scared seeing my family scared.

• Hmm, I don't think I have.

• I have had a few paranormal encounters. I have seen a ghost, shadow people, I have felt touched by someone when I was alone and often feel like someone is watching me when Im home alone.

• Yes I have actually.

• I feel like I've seen a few things before

• Maybe

• Nope

• Oh no not ANOTHER gulible overseas visitor to Edinburgh who hears horses hoofs and people drinking at the tavern as they guided through Mary Kings Close by their tour guide who has the recording on a machine in his POCKET!!!

If you really want a good ghost tour go to Whitby which is near the British town of Scarborough. Whitby is the town written about in Bram Stokers novel Dracula. The church which stands at the top of a hill over lookning Whitby is where they took Dracula's coffin in the novel. Go for the Dracula Experience tour and ask to visit St Mary’s Churchyard, where Lucy Westenra was attacked by the vampiric count then you really will believe in ghosts and goblins.

@Jumbojack and on your profile it says you live in the united states... anyway i dont believe in ghosts so doesn't really matter

@wankiam yes i live in US but ma dad told me about his exp. and stories. I also listen to some on youtube and i remember in one video they caught a living spirit in a hut that was haunting them or their livestock. I dont remember but u could see the vine moving even when there's no one in it. Scary!