When is the last time you left work/school sick?

So I got a nice surprise today:

Sprung a random fever at work and I feel like a bag of smashed dicks so I'm leaving work early, not typically something that I do (I tend to work through it) but the boss is away and it's slow enough that they don't need me. Bed and soup here I commmmmee.

Butthurt about missing out on the money though.

Make me feel better by telling me your epic/embarrassing/anticlimactic stories about leaving work or school sick.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only time I left school early because I was sick was my freshman year of high school. I felt tired and dizzy all day. I eventually couldn't take it anymore, so I went to the dean's office and had the secretary call my mom.

As far as work? My dogs had a fight one morning and I stupidly tried to break it up by pulling them apart. In hindsight, I probably should have kicked one of them or used a broom. Anyway, my hand got caught on one of their teeth. It got swollen really bad. I went to work, but I could do literally nothing because my hand hurt so badly. So I left early to go to the doctor's office and then went home after that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's been a while now since I don't have an employer anymore.

I've gone home sick from work many a time, I don't like doing it but if I'm ill I'm ill. One job, I left because I was vomiting and I said I'm sorry I just can't do this, and packed my stuff up and left. I was then told off because, and quoting my boss, "I pay you to work not go home. I decide when your ill, not you" so I decided to give my resignation letter in the next day.

My most hilarious being sent home was actually not to do with me. I woke up in the night to hear my sister in law being violently sick. I went to see if she needed some help and she was so ill she could barely stand. I put her to bed and cleaned up the bathroom, and I was on the early morning start at work - 6:30am. I went in, I told them what happened. Next thing, my manager pulled me to one side and asked to know exactly what I had done and how. I explained, she'd been really ill I cleaned it up with Cif and bleach, then I went to bed and got up for work. I was ordered to go home, change all of my clothes and have a full shower.

What Guys Said 20

• probably about 6 years ago. thought i just had really bad gas (haha) and called my dad no the way home to sort of give him my symptoms. he told me to go to the hospital. i reluctantly went to the ER. Turned out my appendix had ruptured. good thing i didn't just go home and get in bed. might have been the end for this guy

• Bag of smashed dicks? That's an interesting way to describe your feeling. I have been working part time and learning part time for a few years and never got sick during either. But I did catch a couple of viruses on separate occasions when riding home from work. Last time was mid June, 2016.

• Back in college, I was working in a kitchen after a heavy night of drinking. Literally took a 3 hour nap at 3am, to get to work by 7am.

The smell of the food when I walked in almost made me throw up instantly, so I told my boss I had food poisoning and he let me leave.

• End of last year I've had to apologize once, in the morning, when I had what initially looked like a heart rhythm disorder. Fortunately, much later it would become clear that I had an inflammation of my sternum.
    The symptoms are almost identican to heart problems :o
    I'm rarely ill, I've had periods of 5 years without one day of illness. It happens maybe once every 2 years that a bad infection keeps me in bed...

• Mashed dicks 🤔, oh my.

Recall this only happening once.
    Was on a school trip to the movies and puked right at the start.
    Found out that I suffered a concussion earlier that day while ice skating.

Suffered daily headaches for the following 2-3 years. Rip sanity.

• I once walked upstairs to the classroom and looked outside to the schoolyard to see if the others were on their way, and when I turned my look forward again, I immediately hit the sharp edge of the fire door. Been brought to hospital due to a laceration on my forehead :D

• The last time was when i had an exam the other day, so i wet my body and stood in front of the cooler naked and the next day i went to school but i started sneezing about two hours before the exam, so i requested from the office to call my home and tell my mom I'm sick af, when she arrived to pick me up i was like: good luck with the exam dickheads, I'm outta this shit.

• Last time I left work due to being sick, I actually got sent home because I had a really bad cold and was coughing my lungs out. Not to mention I was working in food service, so mixing sick and food service don't go hand in hand lol.

• I think I chucked a sickie back in February or March

• When i was a sophomore one day i just felt really sick i ended up passing out i was very sick heat exertion thank god it wasn't a heat stroke but ya i was really sick that day i recovered though.

• Last 2 times I puked at work I stuck it out... but my shifts are only 12 hours soooooo

Oh I was supposed to make you feel better ooops

• eh... quite some time ago. can't remember

• Can't remember. I wouldn't miss work unless my employer told me I was too sick. Same goes for school.

• Years ago, don't like taking time off.

• Its been so long since the last time, I can't even remember.

• I had the clap once. Not fun. Currently not working.

• A very long time ago lol.

• This coming Thursday, in 2 days. I am going to take off and play sick to avoid talking to a client

• Last week, passing a kidney stone. I felt like my side was going to blow up, sick on my stomach.

Poor guy, that sucks man.

I'm still having issues with it, you think I turn into a camel with all this water I'm drinking lol

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• Feb of this year.

Don't know what it was, just that it went around the office and we had 4 people out at the same time.

- Hope you feel better soon! :*

• At least you still look pretty sick! I showed up to work apparently looking like such crap that they immediately called the supervisor and sent me home.

• I don't remember the last time I was sick at school or work. Though I do remember this one time in high school. I felt so awful and ended up extremely dizzy. The level of dizziness was like if you were bring spin around at the make speed possible. So I had to leave for the day.

• It was last November. I kept feeling faint at school and was very tired and felt very cold. It was my blood pressure (say thank you period) and couldn't lift it up. Not even with the salt I am always carrying around. My boyfriend had to pick me up, as it was too dangerous for me to walk to the bus station.

• Work- never, so far haha
    School- last fall when I had a fever and laryngitis. Didn't really miss much class though.

• Last mondsy

• I don't think I've ever left work/school sick. If I'm sick I'll just deal with it until I can go home

• I've never really gotten sick, but a few years ago I did leave (tbh it's probably the only time). Like freshman year. I was having reaaallllyyyy bad cramps so I just called my dad and told him I felt sick and my grandma picked me up.

• The last time I called in sick for work was last year on new years eve and day because I was going to a party and then the next day I was tired and sick.

• I didn't leave but I had to go be by myself and take Motrin during work a little while ago because I got a migraine.

• I believe it was fifth grade I had a cold