Why are petite women more likely to get attacked?

I'm only 5 foot and a friend said this to me and I was just wondering why?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are?
    I teach karate and do some specialist security work from time to time and this is the first that I have heard of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Perceived as being an easier target.

Same as how if you're short and skinny your friends are going to attempt to pick you up more often than they are your larger or taller friend.

That's why I do karate.

Well not why, it's just one of my added reasons why people should.

What Guys Said 19

• You are the easiest, in gereral, to control physically. Also, how you present yourself when out. Walk with your head up looking like you are in control rather than looking meek. Presentation is a big thing for some attackers. They tend to look for what they think is the easier, less threatening target.

• probably because to a predator a smaller woman is viewed as easier to overpower, control, etc

• iยดd go out on a limb and claim that there is no correlation betweent your height and your romantic/sexual behavior. itยดs probably just his own experience or something.

• They are easier targets to overpower for many attackers, criminals are selective about victims and if they think they can take the victim easy the crime is easier.

• Because they are seen as easier to overpower. That is the same reason why women are targeted far more for snatch and grab (Purse theft) instead of men when they get out their wallet.

• They appear easier to over power

• Maybe an attacker sees a smaller person as an easier target

• Less likely to be able to fight back?

• No thats not true, body language is the most important factor.

• I never heard of this๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• Because they are petite, small and defenceless.

• They're smaller and therefore more weak-looking.

• i would attack the richest looking girl for money
    and the best looking girl for rape

• they are considered targets by these loosers.

• Cuz she be taking all the lion manes by herself

• Easier target

• Easier to overpower basically

• Smaller and weaker mostly, and Guys like hot little shorties the most. learn Brazilian Jujitsu its particularly ideal for someone smaller and weaker as self defence.

• Perceived as too tiny to put up a fight? If that's even a true initial statement

What Girls Said 9

• We're easy targets. We're small and less likely to be strong enough to fight back.

If I were a bad guy I'd pick a small female to be my target.

Simple logic.

• Not as strong

• I am 5ft 2. I just got into an argument with a guy I worked with because I go to the gym early in the morning. He thinks something is going to happen to me.

• Are we?

• That's what my mom said, which is why she let my 5'9" sister take the bus at night whereas I can't...

• You're 5 ft? I just got wood

• @Yumix Lmao ๐Ÿ˜

• What?

• but I'm also 5ft
    Well... shit.

• Never heard of that.
    You shouldn't believe everything people tell you.

• Um, obviously becuase they are petite. Why would they try to jump somebody that's bigger than that?

• I don't know, they are cute