I think that I want to start skateboarding but I feel like I'm too old?

The only thing I've done is cruising or more like commuting on my brothers old longboard for some years. That longboard was more of a bad-quality downhill board so it wasn't that fun riding it. This summer I bought my first like, really good longboard (loaded dervish sama) and I've been cruising and carving with it. I started watching a lot of longboard videos and realized that I really want to learn how to slide and do several tricks. Now, doing tricks with a longboard is hard, and my board is a long one with smaller kicktails so I haven't dared trying anything yet.
But with the new interest for tricks and stuff I also started watching regular street skating videos and I love them sooo much. Like, before I was only interested in longboards and now I really want to learn how to skateboard but I have never tried that before. And I'm a shameful person (I don't know if you say it like that lol), like I think everything is awkward (working on that).

Do you think I should start skating even though I haven't done it before? And do you think that I actually could get good at it even though I'm at this age? I feel like most people got into it when they were way younger. Also, I don't know any other who skates other than this guy that I like and if he would find out that I would like to start skating he would totally dump be thinking that I'm trying too hard lol. Like, I kind of found out that I love skating thanks to him and I could feel how he thought that I only starting liking out just to impress him and he is big on individuality..

Sorry, this ask is a mess. But I'm a mess so deal with it hahah
I just turned 19 by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not too old. But take EVERY safety precaution with pads and helmet.

My friend's fiance died striking his head falling off a longboard.

Oh no, I'm sad to hear that. Thanks tho, not going to wait on getting a helmet

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like it do it

What Guys Said 1

• 19? That's too old to start.

Would you like to tell me why it is too old?

Tony Hawk started at 12. Just like most famous skateboarders they started as teens. You're not gonna get famous or get sponsors.

Hahah but I never wrote that I want to get famous and so on? I'm just talking about having it as a hobby, relax

What Girls Said 1