In many circumstances a girl would have to settle for a guy who is quite less attractive than her: It’s because…?

Most Helpful Girl

• If she can't get who she wants and settles for the last resort.
    Or if she overlooks his appearance and loves his personality more.
    With the vast majority of our generation, its more likely to be the first one. Same with guys if they have no luck with getting women they desire. They settle for someone less attractive because of fear of being alone for the rest of their lives.

I think women just stay with someone toxic, and when somebody shows Genuine interest and know it's what they want, they avoid it... for some damn reason

Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• Its because far less men are considered good looking. If you have 100 men and 100 women, say 20 men and 50 women are going to be considered at least somewhat attractive, the others are considered unattractive, if they all partner off obviously non-ugly women are going to be dating ugly men because more men are considered ugly.

Its also somewhat of a myth anyway. While obviously you do find some men dating much more attractive women, its not a very large proportion of them, the vast majority of people date someone around equally attractive as themselves, which is why ugly men find it very hard to date as they hugely outnumber ugly women.

What Girls Said 3

• There's a documentary called the Science of Sexuality which is very interesting. In it, they state that women are much more likely to exchange looks for stability, either emotional or monetary. But I also think it comes down to emotional maturity; when you get older you realize that looks aren't everything and tend to fade as you get older anyways. Why should I mess with the "hot" guy who isn't going to treat me well?

"women are much more likely to exchange looks for stability": for herself or is it in their DNA (for the offspring)
      Thanks. I'd doubt that I'd be going to have a better answer than yours

• To many women, a man doesn't have to be traditionally good looking to be attractive. For men that is not the case.

• to be honest I don't think looks matter in the sense that you need to feel a connection with someone. if that doesn't happen then it does matter how attractive you are perceived to be.

What Guys Said 5

• her eggs are drying up, the bad boys are no longer returning her booty calls, and she needs a beta bucks provider to support her and her thug spawns.

• It's because he has money, and money is more attractive than appearance.

• Because she's not good enough for Chad anymore.

• Women will date down on looks to date up on status/money. Men do the opposite.

• Not really i just think that attractive girls have very high standards when they are young however they start having realistic standards when they are in their late 20's/ early 30's.