Do you currently think or have you ever thought you would be alone forever?

Like have you ever thought this and what makes you think this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am single but I have my moments when I wonder if I am seriously going to be alone forever. Do not get me wrong, I do not need a husband or a boyfriend to make me happy, but society likes to make single people seem like they are lonely when that is not true.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in general, anyone who's reached a low point in their life has had such feelings of loneliness. They don't believe they'll ever find someone to share their life and enjoy the little secrets of life we've always longed to share with another. I've heard it said that no-one worth their salt can go through life without hitting at least one low spot in their journey. If you're doing your best to find harmony around you with others, you can't help but have rejection and disappointment affect you in this way at some point.

However, even though these are natural feelings to have, it doesn't mean we have to take them to heart and allow them to have any sort of control over who we are as individuals. Being confident and assertive with ourselves gives us the adventage to improve our self-esteem overall and not allow outside forces to dictate to us how we will and will not behave, believe, or view our worth. We all want to be loved. We all want to be respected and especially we all want to have someone at our side to a mutual benefit. We're suppose to be in pairs in my opinion.

Therefore, in my opinion, I do believe that even though we do at times reach these low points in ourselves where we will get the notion we'll never find someone and we'll always be alone, we should look ourselves in the mirror and remind ourselves that this isn't how it's always going to be. Things and our situation will be better in the end... and realistically if it isn't better yet, then it isn't actually the end yet either. That's the bottom line from my perspective.

What Girls Said 19

• Lol yeah, I've given up all faith like a year ago. I'm content with my future life as the crazy cat lady. I've already started knitting little matching outfits for me and my cats, created a secret cat language and have spend hundreds on cat nip and toy mice😃
    Past situations are to blame.

• When I was little I didn't really want to get married. I just wanted to be me for forever.

But then when I was 14 I met my now fiance and it flipped the switch on that mentality and it would appear that I will not be alone forever.

• I'm sure I thought that at some point, but not negatively per se. If I wasn't with my husband I wouldn't need to be with someone just for the sake of a relationship. I'm all good by myself.

• Yup! =D I have no significant other, and as highschool progresses I become more bitter due to my friend's distancing themselves from me, and because of this I grow more bitter in a never ending negative cycle, not to mention no boy/girl that I care about has ever returned my affections which causes me to say Hey? When will this game called life end and if I will die alone? And will anybody care if I pass away? Is there anyone waiting for me or has the universe deemed me unworthy for a crime commited in a past life therefore making me awkward and unapproachable but sensitive and lonely inside my heart along with trust issues due to Many people abusing me physically and emotionally? =D...

(._.) i need to take a walk. *sticks hands in pockets walking away*

• Yes.
    If you asked me this question two weeks ago I would've say yes definitely. And now I can answer saying maybe.
    It's amazing what time can do. Within the the past two weeks I've met someone and it feels so different than anything in the past.
    I think everyone gets chances to be with someone. It all depends on what we want and accept for ourselves.

• No. I've never been alone because I have my family.

• have this thought for a while

• No, I've always had faith, and still do, that I'll find someone to be that great love.

• There isn't anything wrong with solitude. I think once you get older you'll understand how important it is to just be alone far away from everything. So yes to your question, I sometimes do think about being alone forever. That's when I know I need a vacation asap! Lol

• Yes when I was an ugly duckling in middle school

• Currently think.

• I thought this once but I regret even thinking about it. I will be happy one day and I'll be sure to marry someone I really love. For now I'm not alone

• yes i think that now because i know im not committed and im not that interesting

• I did/do

• Dunno why I always imagined myself alone.. I couldn't imagine myself with anyone... don't know why

• I am single right now, and I sometimes feel like I may be alone forever.

• Yes. I used to think I would have no friends or family (not my own) around me.
    Well, I have a bad relationship with my family, and I didn't want to have children. That's why I used to think I would be alone forever.
    But now, I believe I will have some nice people around me. And maybe I will have kids.

• Never been that lucky to be alone. Always surrounded by someone or with someone.

• I do since a long time, I've always felt this way. I don't complain but it's just the way I am.

What Guys Said 12

• I will always have my family. But if talking about a wife or girlfriend then yes. I gave up in my early 20's for all kinds of reasons. All my high school friends are far far ahead of me. Many have kids, many are married, all of them have or had girlfriends or boyfriends. Can't confirm that all have had sex but I'm 99% sure they have. I'm 26+ and never kissed or dated. So, forget about girls. I'd rather focus on other things. Unfortunately my family doesn't believe me. It's annoying when they push me towards going out and finding someone. My dad even thinks I'm gay.

• Hm, yes, indeed I have.
    And I see no issue with it.
    I've been alone my whole entire life even now as I write this. So I don't see an issue with me being alone for the next upcoming years.
    It's like whatever for me. It's life. I live it.
    And I'm not getting any more younger.

• Yeah and I still think that way.
    But there is always something called hope that gets you again on your feet.

• Yup, given up before I started really..

• Even at my lowest ebb, when my whole life had fallen apart, I never thought it was the end.

• Nope.

• I am sure we all have had moments of doubt, we are only human

• yes
    because i m a cat :p

• Yeah. I guess nearly every man felt like that at some point of his life.

• Yes, because my work requires a lot of alone time.

• This fuckface will die for life. That im sure 👌🏼

• i do think that because i hate women.. ill never be with one,., they are evil and manipulative