How wrong or awkward is it for a girl to be 10 years older than someone she's dating?

Lets suppose these two people look around the same age despite the difference in age.
How bad is this in your eyes?

• it's just wrong. It shouldn't happen.
  • It's not common but it's not wrong.
  • People can do what they want and I wouldN'T find it weird or wrong to see this type of couple, especially if they look the same age.
  • People can do what they want but I WOULD definitely think it's wrong or weird if I saw a couple like this. (EVEN IF they look the same age)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no problem with how it looks unless one is very young and a lot younger. My issue with age gap relationships is where the people are at in their life and their plans, they might have different plans. I went out with someone 10 years younger than me and that was an issue that I didn't plan for.

Opinion owner. So all other couples face the same thing as you. ?

@Djaaaaaay That is why I used term "My issue"

Opinion owner. Ok.. Just was wondering out side of your own experiences...

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say it's not common, but it's not wrong. If they're both adults and know what they're doing, there's no problem.
    Plus, I wouldn't even think about the age difference, because they look the same age.

What Guys Said 6

• It's only wrong and / or awkward if you make it so. If both of you are good with it, then date on. It's your two's opinion that should matter anyhow.

• Uncommon but not wrong. Personally, I have always found it very difficult to connect to someone where the age difference is greater than three (higher or lower) but if somebody is able to, go ahead, no problem.

• It's not wrong or awkward. ... Eeef society

Funny how the men have a problem with this question , but the women don't have a problem with this question...

Yes I suppose it was more because of what others would say.. And one can pretend all we want that we don't care what others think, but in the end we do care even if it's just a little. Sometimes they don't even have to say anything, but just in the expression of their face IF they happen to ask my age for whatever reason and I say it, it's like woah in comparison to his.

I suppose if this ever happens again I will try not to care so much about this and see where things go from there, unless I'm lucky enough to find someone my age that is interested in me. It's usually reallllly young guys who seem interested and I always feel like I have to say no.

Asker. It's about thier feelings and thier willingness to go forward. A lot of younger men will in fact admire your maturity as an example and display thier own maturity along with you, again feeling a lot more comfortable with you , rather than with one thier own age. If the younger guys seem more interested, then there's your absolute value right there. Get on the train quickly girl and enjoy a better relationship. 😊

• Im interested in 18 year olds sometimes and my biggest crush was 29 at the time I was 23

• Consenting adults...

• People can do what they want but I WOULD definitely think it's wrong or weird if I saw a couple like this.

What Girls Said 3

• there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!! I've been with older women and loved it, i never saw it as a negative, only positive! Don't feel badly about it, consider your partner lucky!

• You go gal!!! You only live once. We only get one chance at this life. Your both hurting no one. As long as both are happy... enjoy 😊

• I do not consider it wrong at all.