Should we be able to own this?

Should we be able to own this?

• Yes
  • No
3mo But I like that gun, why are you saying I shouldn't own it?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• What just because it looks scary to you? That could be a jacked up ruger 10/22. Aka pretty much a BB gun

What Girls Said 23

• Airsoft? Sure!

• Guns should be illegal they cause so many problems.

Drugs are illegal and they cause problems to , how is the war going on that?

thousands of black and latino men die to undocumented guns every year. These guns are brought in from mexico and south america illegally. How do you millions of guns a brought into america without the govt knowing? They do know , just like they know about all the drugs. Your govt is killing you not these guns

So ban all guns? Jeez most guns are used by law abiding citizens for target practice and hunting and in the rare case self defense. Banning guns doesn't get them out of the hands of criminals.

• Google reverse image search told me that it's a 'sig sauer mcx semi automatic rifle' and has a 'gas piston system', so hell yeah, you should get it!

• Wayyyy too scary. Just kidding! Yes!

• i guess so

• Looks like an airsoft gun, so yeah. The barrel is far too thick for it to be anything else.

• What kind of gun is it? ;P

• I find it to be dangerous overall. For what reasons, legally would you need a gun of that size and caliber? That is my main concern. That is a real 'bad boy' assault refile in my opinion. If you can't be responsible for it I would say no. But if you know how to handle it, then it isn't for me to say. But I have no need for that. As long as the weapon I would choose to use would do the basics it need to do: protect and defend.

You thinking calibers from "assault rifles" differ from hunting rifle?

Okay. But I believe it maybe considered something else where I live. That's what I have been told. But if the model suggests that its an assault rifle, then its an assault rifle. There is restrictions on that as well depending on state and country. Here, I believe it is restricted to hunting and that's it. Don't know, just putting it out there.

In case you ask, I'm in PA up in the mountains area, so that is why I said that.

• No reason not to be able to own it. It doesn't matter if it fires soft pellets or lead bullets.

• Sure why not. I own a handgun and a BB gun

• Yes, we should be able to own a none threatening gun. Why do people see scary when they see a big black gun?

• Absolutely not. What the hell is the purpose of having that in your house? A handgun is one thing but damn no.

• i don't mind

• oooo lemme shoot a bunch of ballons with paint in them with it. I'll call it fine art

• That seems like a bad idea.

• Hell yeah

• For what? And no we have enough gun issues as it is.

• I was about to say, "hell no," then I figured this might be a trap. Reason for that is I googled it and now I'm wondering is that an air gun?

• That's just a toy gun. Yes, I love guns!!

• Nope.

• Not a type of gun I would buy, but other people should be allow to own one if they want to.

• As long as it's not okay in my country, I don't care.

• No. I know it's just a toy but the kids in my neighborhood have them and they just shoot small animals in the eye. There are sevral one eyed cats in my neighborhood thanks to the dumbasses who shot them for fun.

I am not those kids, I shoot actual metal or paper targets.

Actually hunting controls the population, and it keeps the population stable. Without hunting a lot of animals will die due to starvation.

That is also true and also a good argument. Honestly I don't know. All I know is I could never go hunting. I don't have the heart for it.

What Guys Said 47

• Our constitution gives us the right to own guns. It's the liberals who think we shouldn't have guns. They want to let the bad guys have them. They blame guns for killing people. I own a few guns and not one of them every jumped up and shot someone. It's like the lead in your pencil. A hand has to pick it up and use it. My guns need me to pick them up and shoot. The liberals won't even argue that because they would have to admit it's true. That sounds crazy, but they never talk about getting the bad guys guns, only those of us who are law abiding citizens. I'm not just saying that. All you have to do is look at their actions instead of their words. Actions tell the truth. We have a God given right as well as constitutional right to defend our selves. Own any gun you want as long as you follow the law and have been taught how to handle it, shoot it and other things you need to know to safely use your gun. Lastly, I'd love to own that gun! I just had a thought... I don't know what country you are from. I'm talking about Anerica.

• We should because the Constitution says we can. Anybody that wants to deny or modify my rights is considered an un-American enemy to me. I raised my right hand and swore I would uphold the Constitution and protect this country of all enemies foreign and domestic. I take that oath very serious

• This is a Sig Sauer MCX CO2 Rifle.
    In other words an air rifle.
    From my understanding if shot by one it would hurt but wouldn't kill.
    Let people have one as long as they follow the safety procedures.

• The picture is too low quality, so I can't see the fire selector. Any moron who said yes or no without knowing that information shouldn't be voting. That's the only thing that a rifle like that POTENTIALLY more dangerous than your average hunting rifle. Hunting rifles fire more powerful rounds. But a fully automatic rifle or smg can be as dangerous as a bomb if you're in a crowded area.

And look at the magazine on that thing; that holds 20 rounds tops. 30 is standard capacity for a 5.56 weapon.

You could have looked it up on google.
      Hunting rifles dont always shoot more powerful rounds.

I can't because I'm on my shitty phone.

And MOST people hung with something like.308. A high power round. Most people don't hunt with 5.56 or.223 (which is what anti-gun people are trying to ban for some reason).

• Absolutly.. Yes

It's only questioned because a bureaucrat says to question it , a liberal to point a finer finger

• It looks like a pellet gun to me, but you could more easily trick people with a Ruger 10/22 with mods...

Standard
    www.ruger.com/products/1022Carbine/images/1103.jpg

Same functionality... different looks...
    s1182.photobucket.com/.../..._zpsd34c6b44.jpg.html

• Should you be able to own a semi-automatic gun? Um, yeah, obviously.

Libtards don't make sense in what they want to ban. Rifles--literally, just rifles in general--kill 358 people a year in America, the third-most-populous country on the planet. That's nothing for a country of our size. Handguns, on the other hand, are used to kill over 6,000 people a year. That's 17-times as much as rifles, and most of those rifles probably weren't even AR-15s.

You'd think, if these dumbasses made any sense at all, they'd be calling for handgun bans. Nope. Of course not. They're too retarded to read statistics, so they just call for the ban of guns that "look scary" because they think AR-15s are machine guns.

These people are fucking mental.

How many people do RPGs kill there? And how many people do nuclear weapons kill there? Annually?

How many people do knives kill there? How many people do cars kill there? How many people do pets kill there?

@YourFutureEx I feel like you think you trying to make a point here.

• If it's a real gun that uses bullets and has the ability to kill someone then no. Not everyone is smart. And imagine if a kid got a hold of that somehow. There should be some kind of test to receive a license just like a driver's license.

• Can't tell if its a.22/pellet/bb gun. In either case it doesn't have wood on it so i cannot support it.

• *looking at the muzzle ends*
    Do they even make bullets that small?
    This is a BB gun isn't it?

• It's not a matter of whether or not you can, you already can, it's your natural born right. And the 2nd amendment which protects that right, places absolutely no restriction on what kind of weapon you can own or how many.

• Cute air rifle.

• Yeah, it's fine.

• There is never a reason any civilian should own such a gun. Hand guns should be more than enough.

Why should we not own it? Is it because it looks "scary"?

Are you sure it is a assault rifle?

Look I know it's a toy, the point is that you're asking if people should own real deadly weapons, to which the answer is no.

• Yeah. Absolutely. If I lived in the US, I'd have at least two of those.

I still think Americans are bloody insane with their gun laws, but, when in Rome...

• Like @fauchelevent writes: IF it's a real gun, it's a bad idea. If it's a toy or BB-gun, who cares?
    by the way 12 yo Tamir Rice was walking around in Cleveland (OH) with a toy gun looking dangerous. Cleveland cops shot him within a few seconds.
    Cleveland is 'open carry'.
    Of course, Tamir Rice was black.
    Thus if you're white...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGZnB41_e4

• Able to? Hell, everyone with a perfect record should be required to own one.
    https://i.imgflip.com/16ihe9.jpg

• Yes!
    It is not my preferred weapon, but citizens should be able to own anything.

• Sure why not?

• Yes we should

• nope. even though i myself would enjoy shooting it at stuff in my backyard (which is generally illegal where i live) or at a range, i would not want to live in a country, where one can easily legally own this.

Why? because it looks scary?

i mean i assume it´s a firearm xD it can look like a fluffy baby toy for all i care but if it shoots bullits that kill people, i´m not ok with it.

• Yes, as long as you check all the requirements to be able to own it.

• Of course we should. All the fools who said no...

• air gun: yes
    real gun: no, unless you need it for your job and you have the licence for it

• What does it shoot and how many rounds per minute?

• It's a tactical pellet gun. BAN IT! lol

• I'd own a military-grade flamethrower if I could. Not too likely though.

• Oh, look, someone is trying to frame anti-gun people as dumbasses by posting a picture of an airgun that is identical to an assault rifle without any context or explanation.

And it works. Because no anti-gun people understand the first thing about guns.

@Fibbett How is anyone except an expert expected to recognize an airgun from an actual assault rifle if the two look exactly the same?
      Besides, your point doesn't make sense

If someone wants to ban assault rifles, that clearly applies to assault rifles capable of being deadly to humans, not to this.

• Ok I have seen in some of your remarks it is an air gun - If you do get it, don't go out in public with it, if a cop saw that you might get more than you bargained for - That looks real to me.

• I'd like to own that.

• More from Guys
    17