What should I do in this situation?

Today i was babysitting my niece. She's 7 years old. I let her play on my laptop while I was preparing dinner and then all of a sudden she started crying and screaming that she don't want to die. I didn't know what was happening. She was hysterical. Then after I managed to calm her down I little she showed me a post in facebook that she have read. It says "If you don't send this message to 10 people you're gonna die in 10 days. It's true. There are people that didn't believe and they died in horrible ways." I tried to explain to her that this is not true and she don't have to be scared but she's still pretty frightened. I don't know what people are posting this shit but that's just sick. Do you think I should tell my brother so he can talk to her too? What should I do to make her feel better? Should I let her send the message to 10 people?

What Guys Said 2

• you're either serious or this has be the best troll ever because you made everyone read the message.

I think you should calm her down by sending the message to 10 people and then tell your brother about it so that he has a word with her too.

Unfortunately I'm serious. I'm sorry you read a part of the message. I shouldn't have quote. I don't believe this shit, but she's only a child. Thanks for the advice.

I was kidding, I dont believe in that either lol

Hope she gets better!

• Well for starters, you shouldn't let a 7-year old play with a computer. Why can't she play with legos or something like that? And IF she really must stare into a screen, let her play some kind of cute arcade came. There's absolutely no good reason any 7-year old should be surfing the internet, let alone be on Facebook.

What Girls Said 1

• I remember reading that kind of stuff when I was like 7 as well. I was freaked out as hell and could barely go to sleep. But then realised when the deadline was over that it was all a load of BS.

Let the child live and learn, trying to comfort them over tiny stuff like this is not good. Sure it feels awful to leave your niece to be freaked out about something as trivial as this but by the time the 10 days are over she'll be fine and you can tell her "see, I told you you'd be fine, people make up things to frighten people for fun."