Things to talk about with a guy?

I am going to video chat with my long distance guy friend tomorrow. I have a crush on him but he doesn't know. I don't want to tell him until I see him in person again but it won't be for a while. Anyway, I was just wondering what kinds of topics are fun and interesting to discuss that a guy would be into. We have never had issues coming up with things to talk about and we are a lot alike. He is not the stereotypical macho guy: he doesn't like sports or fighting or cars etc. I don't want to be too flirty. Please give me some good questions to ask and things to talk about. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• How about instead of two people sitting in front of a glowing screen finding things to talk... create topics by doing stuff together?

Play some games , online monopoly or club penguin or what have ya, watch a movie , direct the camera to show something you've been working on , if he plays any instruments sing-along with 2 seconds worth of delay everything is out of sync , it becomes incredibly awkward so you decide not to sing any more lol
    Just do stuff!

Hahaha club penguin 😂😂😂all good ideas, thanks
      We can actually talk the whole time and it can last for about 2 hours at the most.

Haha riiight

Thanks for the MHG

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk about music, food, places to travel

Places to travel is a good one! One day we want to take a trip together

That's better than most phone conversations nowadays

Yeah we don't get to video chat a lot but when we do it is awesome!

What Guys Said 6

• If you two really like each other you'll come up with shit to say.
    Since you'll be video chatting, you'll have access right there to look up good questions to ask to get to know someone.

Guys will talk about almost anything with a girl they like.

• People like talking about themselves. Make the conversation 60% about him and it will probably go well.

Why not 50/50?

If you're not conscious about it you may go 60/40 in your favor and nobody likes that. Be safe and bias towards the other person. Makes you seem empathetic and kind.

That is very true. Good point, thanks :)

• In case of doubt, ask him questions. And he will tell you.

On the other hand guys usually like to talk less about themselves than what girls usually do. So you can just talk about your things, and he will like it too.

• Talk about work (or school) , what you do through the day, mutual topics, you know, that kinda stuff

• You will know when the time comes working off a script never works.

• Death

What Girls Said 2

• Movies, shows, hobbies, what you two have been up to lately, school, etc...

• I'd tell him I like him