If you only had to choose one to be with for the rest of life, who would you choose?

Why?

• The person you love but doesn't love you back.
  • The person who loves you but who you don't love.

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone I love is preferable to me since it's harder to find for me.

I chased after the quality of finding someone I could love all my life. My heart seems very choosy about it. I wasn't very picky about who I dated (any pretty girl is fine) but finding a girl I could love was very, very difficult.

Plus the feeling of loving her made me feel great. It wasn't being loved that made me feel great, it was being in love that made me feel great.

That said, this is a weird scenario since usually the things that made me fall in love with a girl wasn't one-sided. It was usually a mutual thing. It was a mutual kind of chemistry and compatibility that made us both fall for each other. Yet hypothetically, if it was one-sided, I'd rather be the one thinking my girl is a goddess even if she didn't feel the same way about me.

A scenario where this might happen more often where the love is one-sided is in the case of a parent with a child. In that case I'd also rather be the parent who loves my child and thinks he/she is great even if the child doesn't love me back. I'd much prefer that to raising a child I didn't love.

As an example, I'd rather have sex with a girl I love than one I don't love. Ideally it's mutual but I'd rather be selfish here and be the one having the most amazing time making love while she only feels physical pleasure and is just fucking. I don't want to spend the rest of my life just fucking around and not being able to make love ever.

That would be an emotional torture for me lol but I see your point.

And lucky you for falling in love the same time the girl does.

It's a very difficult question for sure.

>> And lucky you for falling in love the same time the girl does.

For me this was often bound to happen (both times I fell in love in my life were like this) and it's because I never "crush". I broke out of that tendency in my teens. I need something more substantial than being friendly with a girl to really feel start fantasizing and building hopes and dreams around her, and that something was usually *compatibility*. It was never one-sided.

The only scenario where it ended up being one-sided was just that -- after some time with the girl and she ended up falling out of love with me, or vice versa.

Picking between those two, I'd rather that she was the one who fell out of love with me. I want to keep that feeling of loving her selfishly for as long as I can, even if it's not reciprocated. If she's willing to stay with me anyway, I'd pick that any day over a girl I don't feel strongly about.

Most Helpful Girl

• A. Cause id rather be with someone i love even if he dont love me

Why? Wouldn't that emotionally hurt you?

I dont think i ever want to love hard ever again tbh.

That's sad. :/

What Guys Said 12

• Option C I suppose. At least I'll get sex out of it. If I don't love her, that doesn't mean I can't have sex.

• I'd choose B.

As long as they are somewhat close to being my type I think I could grow into loving them over time.

• The person who loves me.

I don't really have anyone I love (other than my family), never did, never will.

However, if the person truly felt that they loved me, being with me for the rest of our lives should be enough to make them happy. And that would make me happy.

• Both sound like shit situations but I'd rather be single than unhappy.

• the person who loves me who i dont love back, because someday i would fall in love with her.

• A) cos im used to not being loved anyway so... as stupid as it could sound, having someone i care for instead of mistreat someone who loves me seems more plausible and less of an assholish move

• The one that loves me is more likely to give up the ass.

• If I choose the top one do we still get to fuck?

• B I guess since I may grow to love them later on

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• The person I love. I don't want to force someone who loves me to go through that, that would hurt them too much.

• Wow, it will be interesting to see if this trend continues in the answers. I'd rather not have my love be a burden to someone, that would be agonizing. Also, to never feel love is terrible... to yearn for that feeling and never get it 😞 no thanks.

• I don't know why but I always thought it was more important to be loved than to love, like that you need to be loved in order to love in the first place - but I think either of those options wouldn't be fair.

• Either way I'm fucked! I'd rather be alone than unhappy. If I have to live forever lonely at least I can decide how... not much of a difference with the options I have here.

• Guess I'll go with option B. That's a tough one.

• Tough call. I have good reasons to choose both, but the consequences suck equally.

Could you share your reasons and the consequences thereof?

I'd rather be with someone I love even though I'd feel pathetic about it. Not being in love with me doesn't mean they completely hate me or anything but there's a possibility of the relationship being tolerable for the both of us as long as he's willing.

On the flip side being stuck with someone I don't love, I know I don't have the patience to put up with it. I'd get sick of them. I'd cheat. I'd pick fights. It would be an unhealthy situation for the both of us.

• The one I love who doesn't love me back because I'll feel like shit but I won't feel guilty.

• The person who loves me.
    Cause at least he has a good taste in girls, haha.

• I'd rather be loved

• The person who loves me.

• I wouldn't be selfish to them

• The one who loves me. I've tried it the other way around and that hurts.

• God that's so tricky...