New california law requiring mandatory sentence for rape?

I posted this mainly to inform people on this site. Do you agree with it?

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB2888

In general, you better have your wits about you while you are out in the world living your life. Alcohol and drugs in general cause people to think and act differently then they normally would and could get you into trouble. Suggest drinking water and tea, tastes better anyway...

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not thinking about this the right way (and, truthfully, neither are the legislators who drafted the bill).

If this bill passes, its major effect will be that judges and juries will become MUCH more reluctant to convict anyone of rape, unless there is absolutely overwhelming and irrefutable evidence -- and possibly even then, if they can be convinced (by a good enough lawyer... or by their own bleeding hearts) that the mandatory sentence is too severe.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to comment on this without knowing how they define being incapable of giving consent. That makes all the difference in the world. I don't know how it could be defined without being highly subjective, or requiring a blood/breath test prior to sex.

What Girls Said 4

• But my question is. Does California even care about facts, evidence? Or is it all feelings. California laws and the people tend to be slow. No offense.
    Or is it like the SJWs say. If I call rape with no evidence its rape.
    Bad law especially in a state that has shown they aren't the brightest people.

• It's not fair that if I get drunk and my boyfriend get drunks and we both agree to have sex, he is automatically the rapist.

That makes sense.

@anonman32 it's really tough to come up with good solutions. I know women are tired of being victims. But I want justice, and laws like that aren't justice. I think the key is: don't get that drunk in an unsafe environment lol!

Thats the only real solution. I personally dont do anything with drunk girls even though my country's laws dont make a big deal about it. Feminists dont teach girls responsibility only to be free and do what they want, but freedom has risks.

• I agree with this. I'm tired of people who are guilty getting away with this shit.

• I agree water tastes better anyways.

What Guys Said 7

• this will help avoid situations like the stanford rape case. it will also serve gender equality in creating a mandatory sentence for rape regardless of the gender of the perpetrator as often women are given very light sentences for raping someone

• yes i think its right and as out of it i i have gotten in the past, i have never considered raping a girl so that is no excuse. there are no excuses ever for rape

• I never do anything with drunk girls anyway.

• this will just lead to less convictions in general/

• Rape of any kind deserves a long jail sentence

• hang them all

• id say yeah.