Using google mail?

Does anyone know when using google mail, some emails go into my primary inbox, some go into "social" and some go into "promotions" tabs?

They aren't spam though, they are emails I registered and want to receive I just don't know why they automatically go into different folders?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh man I love that they did that in Gmail. Basically helps you organize your emails. So your social tab or folder if yoh will that sorts out your social media basically. So if you get an email from YouTube that a video from a person you follow just uploaded that will go in there. Or LinkedIn updates or people wanting to connect. Basically Social media. The promotion tab or folder is basically all those companies you bought something from send you newsletters or what's on sale.

What Girls Said 1

• Those aren't spam folders they just go into those to better manage them

What Guys Said 2

• Promotions= junk from companies. You get so much of this junk that they actually need a separate tab for it. Go figure.

Social has to do with Youtube if I'm not mistaken. if somebody replies to a comment on Youtube or if you're one of the two people that use google plus, and the other person that uses google+ messages you.

Primary is the stuff that isn't spam and is important. Emails from friends and stuff like that. But a good amount of time total spam ends up in the primary folder and important stuff ends up in the spam folder.

All shows you all the inboxes at once. Use that if you want to see everything you have.

• that's how it's set up. blame google, not spammers.