If you could, would you want to be able to read someone's mind?

Why or why not?

• God yes!If you could, would you want to be able to read someone's mind?
  • If you could, would you want to be able to read someone's mind?
  • I don't care what others thinkIf you could, would you want to be able to read someone's mind?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes then it would save having the challenge of trying to read peoples body language , and their actions. It'd be much easier reading their mind. It would prevent assumptions and overthinking too 😆

What Guys Said 22

• One of the easiest poll. Vote A

Reading others' mind, I could control the consequences. I'd turn any situation into my favour. He who controls the mind, controls the power. Whether it's gambling, asking out crushes, competitions like chess or even presidential elections. You can win anything by that. It could also save my life from potential threats from strangers.

gatherer.wizards.com/.../Image.ashx
    gatherer.wizards.com/.../Image.ashx

• I must admit, yes I would, however I would want to control how and when this happens rather than just having an open broadcast to peoples thoughts, and if and when I did this activity, I wouldn't want it to be invasive or painful to either myself or the target, I would want it to be not unlike a daydream entering their consciousness and then drifting away like a wisp of smoke. No trauma. :-)

• This is one where you go sometimes it would be great other times not. The obvious one a crush, she likes me, fantastic, she doesn't like me, crushed

THIS!
      I have no idea what my crush wants with me and apparently I'm not getting any straight answers from him, so it would be fantastic to be able to stop guessing.

• Sure. If I have the ability then I will use it.
    If you have a resource, use it to your advantage.

• YES I would want that power... as long as I can fully control it and turn it off whenever I wanted to.

• With more information from others comes a greater understanding of them and their otherwise strange minds.

• No. That's a massive invasion of privacy. And creepy. And bizarre.

• Whatever weighing up people are doing, it's totally worth ruining your life to have special abilities nobody else could obtain. Even if they capture you and torture you to death with scientific equipment, it'd be totally amazing just to be a part of that

• Yes if I could turn it on and off, don't want to be in everybody's head all the time

• It would solve a lot of problems

• Sure, cause it's a super power

• hell yeah

• No, I have a hard time figuring out what's going on in my own headspace sometimes.

• definitely!

• I'd want to read the mind of ant or bird maybe even a cow

That bull looked at me and said "Moo", Does he like me?

Lol I like how you assume thoughts appear through a linguistic medium in cows.

haha I am honestly curious about their thinking patterns, I blame it to you, I'd never think about their thoughts, if not that answer :D
      Suddenly I saw cows from another angle

• Oh definitely, so much I'd be able to do then

• Bruhhh people post what they think on Facebook all the time and tbh it'd all be stupid shit anyway😂

• Especially those of women

• That last dude is alpha.

• no, i wouldn't.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• I voted No, and here's why;

I used to be part of a website (almost similar to this) called the ExperienceProject. For a few years, it was through that site that I got the ugly truth as to what human beings are really like and it was terrible. I mean, the internet is almost like that, where we can understand people's thoughts becuase it's anonymous. Honestly, from the things I've seen here even though I've been part of GAG for just a few weeks, I'm horrified. So, count me out in terms of reading people's minds.

I've never been on that website, but they are just like you and me, no one is better, no one is worse. You'd have funny time.

It seems you are very sensitive, life must have been hard for you.
      There are good people and there are people who just do a little more bad things than others.
      There's no sin you or me wouldn't do in their shoes.
      If you could read their mind you would most likely feel sympathy to them and understand what were reasons behind their actions.

Just becuase I prefer not to read people's minds or don't agree with the things people think or do, does not make me sensitive. If there are things I prefer not to know, then I would think that's a reasonable option.

There's no sin that you and I wouldn't do in their shoes? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have an affair and then seek support about to my buddies. I would wish all men or women dead, or have rape fantasies in putting a woman through terror, telling people who don't/refuse to have kids that they are not worthy of love. I can go on.

This is not about me trying to be better or be holy than thou. This is me discovering pretty much for the first time, how human beings really live.

• Only if I can turn it on and off. I wouldn't use it too often but if I am around a guy I like then that would come in handy.

• I definitely would like that.

• Yes, but I believe it'd be the case of 'curiosity killed the cat'.

• I'd love to be able to read people's minds

• Yes, it would be useful sometime

• I would but only with permission and for perfectly good reasons.

• I used to think that would be a cool ability. But the negatives outweigh it for me, so no.

• I would! d just so I could know what people thought of me.