Is there anyway to check if a stranger is ok?

there was a girl that couldnt be anymore than 15 years old asking for money, at first i said no i dont have any to spare (kind of a reflex when people or homeless people ask for money) then i decided to give her a couple of pound, i figured she had no money to get home. when i caught up to her and she turned around and looked really upset, i gave her the money and told hope it helps to get you home, she said thank you.

then i felt like i wanted to give her more because she got to me emotionally but i couldnt see her.

some that i explained this to lately said this could be a very convincing scam. honestly i dont care, this was like at 8pm in town, i wish i spoke to her and asked if she was ok and why she was upset. if there was police near by i would of asked them to check on her or a bus stop supervisor person.

its like 4am now and she's still on my mind, weither it was a scam or not i wish i knew if she was ok, i dont know her name and barely got a good look at her. this girl was only a kid and was getting close to dark.

i want to put her out of my mind and hope she is ok but my concience and guilt won't let me.

is there away of knowing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aw you're such a kind soul. There's a possibility that it could be a scam and there's a possibility that it wasn't. Maybe you'll find her back there who knows.

im not, like i said the majority of the people in town that ask for money like homeless people i just discard but a young girl like this alone, im more afraid of her saftey

Oh lol then there's nothing you can do about it she's probably long gone by now.

What Girls Said 1

• Do it the old fashion way and go look for her.

she probably be long gone now especially it being 4am

maybe if she is then i will escort her to the police to make sure she gets home safley but then again if she's there again it could be a scam but any how she's a young girl, id tell the police anyway if she turns up again

Now that's the behavior of a great caring person. Congratulation I'm sure you will get a medal for your courage 😉

What Guys Said 4

• Unless you see her again around town then ask her - I doubt there is much you can do - Scam or not, friend running around asking about a young girl you don't know could find you getting wrong type of attention from the authorities - Be careful, being known as a soft touch by street people can make you a target by the more unscrupulous, I have seen it happen - If approached say you will only buy a cup of tea or a sandwich, no money - Or say you only give money to recognised charities - You have a good soul, look after it.

• Shouldve asked for name and look her up and faceboob. com and see if you can hit that

• I would just give the money, evej if they scam, I get a peaceful night of sleep.

• Probably best that you not try checking up on a 15 year old. You could wind up in jail.