Do you often run into people here who are trying to redefine what is truly racist or dilute incidents of racism?

In recent years, I've seen various people try to deny something that is blatantly racist as if they're trying to redefine what racism is or dilute and water down undeniable instances of racism. These same people often tend to inaccurately pinpoint racism and they honestly seem to have a low functioning knowledge of racism and topics related to race.

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I do not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, I"d need some examples. I've seen people inaccurately claim that things aren't racist when they are while I've seen others claim that things are racist when they aren't.

What Guys Said 5

• I understand your point but I think what is happening is they are lashing out at what the feel is over political correctness and they respond to every accusation of "Racism" the same way - Both sides are at fault, the middle ground is being lost and it leads to blatantly racist things being missed or diluted - For every internet exchange there is an example of blatant racism and an example of over the top PC - In the middle there is a reducing group saying I don't want either eventually going "F*** it, I am leaving you to it, I can't be assed anymore".

• What i see is people being confused on racism more than ever. there's always a question about wether or not their preferences are racist. If its a preference its not racist because its not discrimination. But the word racism is thrown around so much that people think they are being racist for a preference.

• I've seen the opposite where people declare racism when it's not. Don't like Obama? Racist!

• Examples?

• No, I do not.

What Girls Said 1

• Everyone screams racism now days. Hardly no one takes it seriously. It's like crying wolf. If someone doesn't agree with you... you're a racist. Example... preference. If you have a particular preference and someone isn't that preference... they scream racist. It's like they want to take away your choice.