Does anyone know how to make a normal PC into a gaming PC?

My specs are:
Windows 10
Processoe: Intel (R) Core (TM) i3-5020U CPU @ 2.20GHz
Installed memory (RAM) 8.00GB
System type 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Most Helpful Guy

• For games usually one or two cpu cores is better than 4 or 8 slower cores (more than two are mostly not used and more used for marketing reasons). Like some Samsung phones had 8 cpus but the iPhone was pretty much as fast with 2 of a similar speed of all 8 of Samsung's. Apple didn't promote specs though.

Your cpu is power good and I think would run most games fairly well. A faster cpu would help with some games of course. A faster video card would give you the best graphic improvement but that depends on if the game is graphically demanding. I think your RAM is okay. You can run your task manager (ctrl + alt +delete) with a game running and see how much RAM it's using if you're curious.

If you Google cpu and video card benchmarks, there are sites that will tell you the parts performance with certain games. I'm not sure which site to use though.

www.google.com/search

What Guys Said 17

• You need to have a dedicated video card that is up to date and current with most of the gaming requirements such as supporting DirectX12.

nVideo GeForce GTX 980 is ideal or anything of the 900 series GTX nVidea GeForce video cards. They can be expensive, but if you want high end gaming then it's recommended. There's also SLI where two or more video cards split the workload of processing videos and graphics thus making things faster.

i3 Processor is also too slow for a gaming computer if you plan to play high end PC games. i5 is the minimum and i7 is ideal.

8GB of memory is okay for minimum ideally the closer to double the amount or more preferred such as around 16GB

64-Bit OS, you're all set here, you can't use more than 4GB of memory if you're on the older generation of 32-bit OSes.

The last most important things to consider are to make sure you have a good Power Supply Unit that can provide enough power to all of your high end components such as the processor, the video card (they call it the GPU), and the system board and memory.

Then you also would need a good amount of cooling such as "liquid cooling" to ensure your system's components don't overheat or become damaged after long term use for gaming such as hours of gaming frequently day after day or week after week.

If you're on a laptop, forget about making any changes though. You'd have to buy a laptop made and designed specifically for gaming instead, unlike a desktop computer.

• video card. put a powerful video card in there, and you have a PC that can do a lot of gaming.

However? It is worth mentioning: the more powerful your processor, the better gaming you can do. i3 @ 2.2Ghz is not a bad system for many things. It is even still a great system for some things. But for gaming?
    I have an i5 @ 2.6Ghz, and even with a powerful video card, I can no longer keep up with newer games at high quality. Some not even medium quality.

Lastly? 8 gigs ram is low for gaming. Ram needs to have your windows, and any of dozens of other programs, in memory. Plus the game. 8 is enough for some stuff... but other games, you will notice considerable slowdown. upgrade that to 16 if you can, and your system will run games MUCH better.

How can I change the processor?

the processor is under the main heatsink and fan of the motherboard. with those removed, there is usually a tiny lever or something to move to unlock the chip, which can then be removed, and a new chip put in.

your motherboard can only take certain processors though. different chips, different sizes. You'll want to look up your mother board (you should be able to read the serial number right off of it, if you don't have documentation that says what it is) and that should tell you what processor to buy.

But changing a processor isn't easy! they are very sensitive, to static, and to physical damage. and then you need to apply thermal paste and the heatsink when done. I recommend watching A LOT of YouTube videos on it, if you want to do it yourself, or finding a friend or family member who knows this stuff to give you a hand! You don't want to damage the socket, or chip, by accident.

I've only done it once myself, and I was sweating bullets.

• You need core I3 or I5 in "K" family, that are meant for overclocking and plying latest games.
    2) You need 8 gb of RAM with at least 2500 mhz frequency.
    3) Graphic card with Dx12 support. I won't mention Nvidia Titan X or Amd Fury cuz it depends upon your budget, but remember high end Graphic cards are always better than medium or low profile Gpu.
    4) Power supply=It depends upon your Gpu, If you have gtx 980 then you will need minimum of 600 volts supply.
    5) I will recommend gaming motherboard from companies like Asus or Msi, but they are costly.

• Ummm... from cpu it seems you have a laptop. The best you can do is increase ram and change your storage drive. You could also try buying external amplifiers or whatever they are called. But they don't come cheap and I don't really know much about them. Few of those: "MSI GamingDock"; "Alienware Graphics Amplifier"; "Razer Core".

If I'm wrong and you actually have a desktop PC with that cpu ignor everything I said. However, I do believe you have a laptop ^^

• your cpu supports the FCBGA1168 socket which max outs at 16gb of ram, but 8u would be fine for most games.
    you'd need a gpu (graphics processing unit) which is what is mainly demanding by games, although you wouldn't want to get too good of a gpu as your cpu would bottleneck it.

• You need more memory, a good graphics card, and maybe a better processor. It all depends on what game you want to play.

• Depends on what games you are planning to play, if you have any issues, what is your GPU, is it a desktop or a laptop (not sure, but think the CPU is a Laptop one)

• depends on what games you play. If its with high animations and graphically demanding i suggest you to install a graphic card ( assuming its a desktop and you can).. also maybe you need to improve the RAM a bit.

• Do you know if you have a gpu? Or are you using intel HD graphics? If you're using intel HD graphics, there is your #1 problem for gaming. Though the processor in general isn't too shab, using intel graphics is meant for power efficency. I have no idea what sort of setup you have but if there is no gpu and you have a pc not a laptop (and enough power to supply) consider getting a graphics card

• You would need a decent graphics card to begin with, an SMPS, and perhaps a better processor too - i5 to begin with.

• I don't know much about it. As far as I know a good gaming PC relies on a good video card.

• Hımm güzel kanka alınır

• Thats quite a beast pc alrdy but u can upgrade ur cpu. I don't know what gpu u have tho.

• you didn't say which graphics card and main board you have and what games you want to play. Depending on that it can be already enough or it can also be that you need to buy a new PC because there are no upgrade compatible slots.

• im pretty sure a gaming computer has:

1) a lot of memory
    2) a really good graphics card
    3) and a really good processor

• AMD is releasing a new pretty kickass card, RX 480 for less than 200bucks. Probably the best on the market for a while.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0