Have you ever seen someone die?

like in front of you

Most Helpful Guy

• She never really died in front of my face or in my arms, but when I was with her for 7 months she had terminal cancer and was dying...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, @lost_alice. In Nursing Homes I have worked at.
    I also "Watched" in Essence a Few days before Thanksgiving, my Grandma "Die," as the Family surrounded Her to Say "Good-bye."
    Good luck and Death is Part of Life. xx

What Guys Said 34

• Of course! I spent days by my wife as she died from cancer. Watched her take her last breath.

I visited my mother as she was dying. Toward the end she could not respond to me. I was not there at the moment of death.

People saying they hope they never witness it... I would hope they change their minds and are there for their loved ones dying.

• Not right in front of me, however I've witnessed my uncle drink himself to death pretty much. I was about 3

• Yes & many times both natural & otherwise

• No, i have not seen. someone die, but I've seen something worst and that's seeing a man who lost his leg during a motorcycle accident. Seen him all bloody just 2m away from me.

But I have seen videos of someone dying countless of times. Those videos are mainly in wars.

• in Iraq.

• Two people. My best friend in the hospital from liver cancer and my father on the side of the road after he wrecked his car.

• I have, When I was 16 we happened upon an accident. One of the cars was on fire. I pulled the driver out and he died about two minutes afterwards.

• After several attempts of finding ways to save him... My dog died. Pretty sad.

• Yea I was there when my grandfather died, I also saw a car crash where a driver definitely died.

• Not that I know of and I am quite thankful for that. Dont really do well with these sort of things.

• Multiple times

• I thought I did once, turns out he was just sleeping.

• yeah i have, in the mirror a lot of times.

• luckily no

• only in my dreams but not in reality.

• Until today... not.

• Yep I guess

• Luckily no. I hope tot keep it that way.

wow it is weird to see people so "old" to have never seen someone die

Lol. So you are "so old". Too bad you can't be young like me. :-)

@Red_Arrow he is more than 20 years older than me lol

• No and I don't want to

• when i was 9 my friend i was just chatting with walked straight infront of a bus

• My grandfather.. back in 2004, he had liver cancer, he died while holding my hand.

that's really sad, I have never seen someone close to me die

It hurts.. I took comfort in the fact that i was there to offer comfort as he left.

• Yeah I saw.

• Haven't seen someone pass away.

Seen loads of dead people though.

• my cat.

• 3 weeks ago an old man died next to me at the beach.

• Yup watched a man get shot in a drive bye blood everywhere #livinginDc

• yes I have. it is not nice

• What a weird question.

• no, i don't want to see that.

• Don't believe indeath

• More from Guys
    4

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• Yes my father.

He had cancer, and I stayed by his side holding his hand until he took his last breath. I felt so helpless watching and waiting. The emotional pain you feel watching someone you love die is indescribable

• Not a person, no. I have seen a cat get run over though and it upset me a lot.

• Yeah I was waiting for the metro when this guy on the same platform jumped in front of an incoming train when I was in Japan.
    Although I wouldn't say I'm "traumatised" I'll still never forget that noise when his body hit the train and was like squashed under the wheels. Bloody gross..

Like a chilling deathly scream thing?

@Levin I'm not quite sure how to interpret that last statement but I suppose morbidity is not always a bad thing. That's how "memento mori" leads to "carpe diem" after all.

@Levin I agree that we are a little morbid

• No and I would not like to witness it either. I've seen my cat dying and their was nothing I could do for her. By the time we had got her too the vets she had already passed away. That was bad enough, never mind seeing a human die.

• No, I have not.

• Only on YouTube.. like tragic sports etc death caught live... it's sad really. But Not in real life.. that's just scary

O wait never mind.. my dog :( I had to put him to sleep cause he had cancer.. I miss him a lot

I have seen 10 people and some animals it is pretty sad

• Yes.

• Yes - too many times.

• No... thank God I haven't.

• Yes, my grandfather.

• In person, no. At least I don't think I have, and hopefully I never do.

• Yes. A woman died in a bar in front of me. The paramedics weren't able to save her.

• Yes, I have.

• I saw my grandmother

• No, thank god. But im sure I will given that im becoming a nurse.

• Yes I watched my dad struggle for his last breath.

• yesss my best friend die in front of me