Have you ever seen someone die?

like in front of you

2|0
18|35

Most Helpful Guy

• She never really died in front of my face or in my arms, but when I was with her for 7 months she had terminal cancer and was dying...

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, @lost_alice. In Nursing Homes I have worked at.
    I also "Watched" in Essence a Few days before Thanksgiving, my Grandma "Die," as the Family surrounded Her to Say "Good-bye."
    Good luck and Death is Part of Life. xx

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 34

• Of course! I spent days by my wife as she died from cancer. Watched her take her last breath.

I visited my mother as she was dying. Toward the end she could not respond to me. I was not there at the moment of death.

People saying they hope they never witness it... I would hope they change their minds and are there for their loved ones dying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not right in front of me, however I've witnessed my uncle drink himself to death pretty much. I was about 3

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes & many times both natural & otherwise

0|0
    0|0
  • No, i have not seen. someone die, but I've seen something worst and that's seeing a man who lost his leg during a motorcycle accident. Seen him all bloody just 2m away from me.

But I have seen videos of someone dying countless of times. Those videos are mainly in wars.

0|0
    0|0
  • in Iraq.

1|0
    0|0
  • Two people. My best friend in the hospital from liver cancer and my father on the side of the road after he wrecked his car.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have, When I was 16 we happened upon an accident. One of the cars was on fire. I pulled the driver out and he died about two minutes afterwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • After several attempts of finding ways to save him... My dog died. Pretty sad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea I was there when my grandfather died, I also saw a car crash where a driver definitely died.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that I know of and I am quite thankful for that. Dont really do well with these sort of things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Multiple times

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought I did once, turns out he was just sleeping.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah i have, in the mirror a lot of times.

0|0
    0|0
  • luckily no

0|0
    0|0
  • only in my dreams but not in reality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Until today... not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Luckily no. I hope tot keep it that way.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

wow it is weird to see people so "old" to have never seen someone die

• Show All
    • 3mo

Lol. So you are "so old". Too bad you can't be young like me. :-)

• 3mo

@Red_Arrow he is more than 20 years older than me lol

• No and I don't want to

0|0
    0|0
  • when i was 9 my friend i was just chatting with walked straight infront of a bus

0|0
    0|0
  • My grandfather.. back in 2004, he had liver cancer, he died while holding my hand.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

that's really sad, I have never seen someone close to me die

• 3mo

It hurts.. I took comfort in the fact that i was there to offer comfort as he left.

• Yeah I saw.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't seen someone pass away.

Seen loads of dead people though.

0|0
    0|0
  • my cat.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 weeks ago an old man died next to me at the beach.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup watched a man get shot in a drive bye blood everywhere #livinginDc

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I have. it is not nice

0|0
    0|0
  • What a weird question.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, i don't want to see that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't believe indeath

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Guys

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• Yes my father.

He had cancer, and I stayed by his side holding his hand until he took his last breath. I felt so helpless watching and waiting. The emotional pain you feel watching someone you love die is indescribable

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a person, no. I have seen a cat get run over though and it upset me a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I was waiting for the metro when this guy on the same platform jumped in front of an incoming train when I was in Japan.
    Although I wouldn't say I'm "traumatised" I'll still never forget that noise when his body hit the train and was like squashed under the wheels. Bloody gross..

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Like a chilling deathly scream thing?

• Show All
    • 3mo

@Levin I'm not quite sure how to interpret that last statement but I suppose morbidity is not always a bad thing. That's how "memento mori" leads to "carpe diem" after all.

• 3mo

@Levin I agree that we are a little morbid

• No and I would not like to witness it either. I've seen my cat dying and their was nothing I could do for her. By the time we had got her too the vets she had already passed away. That was bad enough, never mind seeing a human die.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I have not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only on YouTube.. like tragic sports etc death caught live... it's sad really. But Not in real life.. that's just scary

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

O wait never mind.. my dog :( I had to put him to sleep cause he had cancer.. I miss him a lot

• 3mo

I have seen 10 people and some animals it is pretty sad

• Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes - too many times.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... thank God I haven't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, my grandfather.

0|0
    0|0
  • In person, no. At least I don't think I have, and hopefully I never do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. A woman died in a bar in front of me. The paramedics weren't able to save her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw my grandmother

0|0
    0|0
  • No, thank god. But im sure I will given that im becoming a nurse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I watched my dad struggle for his last breath.

0|0
    0|0
  • yesss my best friend die in front of me

0|0
    0|0