How to tell my boyfriend its my birthday?

I never have time to be with my boyfriend at all. He is in the military and only stationed here so it is hard for us to be in an actual relationship since nothing for him is permanent and he is always gone on assignment. I finally have time to spend with him these 2 weekends but i do not know how to tell him. At this point he is just pissed and fed up with me because of all the cancelled appointments and false hopes of seeing me that he has had in the past. I am free this Saturday (not really) but im giving him the option just in case but it is most likely we will not be able to spend time together on that day but i dont want to keep him waiting. My birthday is on Saturday and i really want him to be there for me but I dont know if he is going to be here because he leaves for assignent soon so I dont know how to ask him in a way that is not awkward. Advice?

What Guys Said 1

• You could say something to him like "my mom won't stop asking me what i want for my birthday on Saturday" or something along those lines

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell him.
    If you don't, you'll hold it against him in a future argument. 100% willing to make a bet on that.
    As someone else who is in a smilie situation as you, you just have to learn how to accept the fact you won't be together for every special day. You need a thicker skin and be able to be alone.