Have you ever felt like committing suicide?

• No, I love my life and know that I'm worth more alive to the people I love than dead.
  • No. I don't like my life circumstances, but I'm worth more alive to the people I love than dead.
  • Yes, but I got help and now view my life more positively.
  • Yes, but I got help. Though I still struggle for a more positive outlook.
  • I attempted suicide and realized how much I value my life.
  • I attempted suicide, though I still feel suicidal a lot.
  • I feel commonly like dying's the best thing I could ever do.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I never have I'm very greatful for everything but seeing all these sad opinions
    is making me cry so much 😞😞😞
    At times like these I wish I had some kind of super power to help everyone
    Give everyone happiness
    😭😭

I give you MHO for your love of everyone on here when you've never even met them. I think your profile picture is pretty, but your compassion makes you so much more beautiful in so many ways. God bless you, sister I never met.

Thank you ^.^
      Well 😊 I don't need to meet someone in order to care for them to me every person is special..
      And I seriously meant it from the bottom of my heart when I said ("I'm here for all you guys")
      Honestly I been through a lot more then anyone I'm the girl that my own mother sold to my dad toke the money and married another guy leaving me behind one year old.. my stepmom used me and so did my dad everyone I know toke advantage of me because of my kindness but even so I'm still very greatful for being just alive for being able to walk, talk and see things.. I look at all the small things and appreciate them ^.^
      I really do wish I can give everyone happiness if I had the option to take
      their sadness upon my shoulders I would and I would give them my happiness cuz seeing others happy makes me happy

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had some shitty ass days. I've been almost dead a few times because of misdiagnosis and being in the hospital for months. I lost my best friend at 18 she was murdered by some creep. I've lost family members. I couldn't find a job right out of college. I had ankle surgeries with complications I couldn't walk for a month and many other shit thats hapoened. Point is I never ever once thought about killing myself. I always know things will get better.

What Girls Said 11

• I used to have really good days, but get very depressed before bedtime (crying, panic attacks, not falling asleep until the morning). Just lying there alone made me feel miserable, and I surprised myself a few months ago by thinking about what it would be like to kill myself. That scared the crap out of me, and I got on medication about a week later. I still get pretty down occasionally, but my thoughts aren't nearly as dark as they were.

• Yes I used to be suicidal. It gets into my mind every so rarely these days though because I've been having a more positive outlook on my life these days. I got help, but didn't help that much, it was more of a self help thing.

• Yeah I've had a lot of thoughts about it but im too much of a pussy to attempt it. Also, I know my family would be devastated if I ever killed myself and they dont deserve to live with that grief

• Probably should've left the poll to yes or no bc everyone's experience is so different it's hard for people to be able to vote in my opinion

But anyway, yes I have been suicidal. I'm doing a lot better now.

• Yes, I attempted and failed several times. I didn't get modern science help (theyll just put you on pills) but spiritual help.

• I can't say I've thought about it enough to plan on *how* but I've felt like it a couple times. The poll results really show decay in society.

• Nope, can't say I've ever felt this way. My life is pretty great.

• almost did it... more than once

• I've attempted it.. Over dose with pills after a very very mentally abusive relationship it topped it for me, I have been suffering with depression and anxiety for 10 years now and that topped me as I was very isolated.
    Although no one should ever feel like that is the only answer and the only way out it has taught me a very good lesson.

• I thought about suicide twice. One, when I was bullied at school, and the other was now.
    I'm a little bit lost in life, even thought I'm starting to find my way.
    I have a bad relationship with my family. I don't have many friends. So, I felt that if killed myself no one would miss me. And I was also thinking that if I didn't find a solution and if I wasn't able to move to another country, I would kill myself.
    But then I had a conversation with a friend of mine and with my sister. I had to time to rethink about my life and now I'm more hopeful and my outlook on life is starting to change.

😭😭 seeing all these sad opinions is ganna make me go to depression

Np 😘😘
      I wish I could done something for you but I'm too far and can't do anything 😢😢
      All I can do is pray...

@Naughtygirlishere It's good to know that :) Thank you for caring about me :)

• Yes, it was a bad year for me.

What Guys Said 16

• I have. What wouldn't let me do it is that I may be out of pain, but all those I leave behind will be in great pain. I couldn't do that to those I love. I pray you are only asking a question and not considering it. If you are, there is a lot of free help from non-profits or your insurance. Seek it out.

• I attempted suicide and it didn't work s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...83667f5e5c.jpg
    Sometimes I have suicidal thoughts still but the truth is I don't want to die, I just want my depression to stop.

• Why do you ask this question?

• Yup sure have, even attempted it once long time ago, but I fought my way out of it, my advice don't do it, it solves nothing.

😭😭 *throws bananas at you* why would you even try doing something like that?
      Tho I'm glad you found ur way outta of it
      *hugs u*

@Naughtygirlishere Because my life years and years ago was a living nightmare of family, school and finical stress and turmoil, I just couldn't take it anymore.

Yeah me to, it wasn't easy though, uphill battle took well over a year.

^^ thanks.

• Feeling down is different from actively constructing plans. Once you get there things change. It's immensely moving to know that you are five minutes away from dying. That subtle hesitation, that quiver...

All I can say is just wait. Think. Continue. It's always there if you are really certain.

• Tricky question.

Yes, I've thought about it many times... So much shit has happened in the past.

Until I realise how fortunate I am.

• More times than I can count
    I have never gotten close to doing it though

I never got help either, I helped myself
    I just find it hard to wake up every morning and struggle and grind.. For what?

• I did for a split second when I was a teenager but it passed. I didn't want to harm myself and thought what a weak way to die.

• Almost every day of my life.

• Yes, I have,
    I've attempted it twice

Why? If you don't mind me asking.

• I voted E. I was on the wrong antidepressants for years. They finally switched it to another one that made me worse, so they doubled the dose, and I snapped and took the whole bottle. I'm doing much better now.

• Nope.

• Yeah I think about it every day, being dead does sound great, escaping the burden of existence. However there's no hurry, I'll have plenty of time to be dead in the future so I'm not gonna rush my suicide

Why would you want to die?

Why wouldn't I? If you're dead you never have to worry about anything, never have to work or shower or sleep or wake up, you'd never feel stress or pain or tiredness or anything.
      The reason people generally don't want to die is the survival instinct hard wired into every living creature.. But for better or for worse my logic is a lot stronger than my animal instincts

• I feel commonly like dying's the best thing I could ever do

• Y'know the sayin' "To live is to suffer"

• So back when I was a little kid and cutting your wrist was about as fly as listening to Green Day I had plenty of friends, acquaintances and people I didn't know at all who I knew was one way or another suicidal or engaging in self-harm activities.
    Pretty happy that particular fashion passed but to the point;

One of my friends' father looked at my friend and told him that "There's not a person alive above 20 who hasn't at least once thought it would be easier or better to just die."

Now we can discuss whether or not that father won any dad-of-the-year awards (my friend never did anything stupid again for what that's worth) but I am looking forward to seeing if he was right.