Internet banking: why haven't I received the money yet?

A friend deposited 6k into my account. We are of different banks however it is not international. They are both local banks. Transferred it on the 29th August around 10pm, now the 2nd of September and still have not received it. It said on the transfer, it will be deposited in 2-3 days. Why?

3mo Now I'm concerned because I called up my bank and they said they cannot see any incoming transfer funds?

Most Helpful Guy

• So it's a money transfer? or did he deposit money straight into your account? I've waited up to 6 days for an amount like that to just be able available after i deposited it myself. Also be aware that this being Labor day weekend it might take a day longer.

What is the difference? Excuse my ignorance. Not based in the US :)

Ah ok, well most of this advice below might not apply. Here in the US we have laws that limit that amount of time they can hold a deposit like this. Obviously labor day doesn't affect you.

When someone deposits actual money into your account funds are usually available the next day. Is 6k alot' where you're from?

The global banking system depends on the U. S. banking system's Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (S. W. I. F. T.) money-transfer system, so what affects the U. S. affects the world's banking, too.

I wish we had a multi-polar world in finance, but that is still a work in progress, with the U. S. resisting and the emerging Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa (B. R. I. C. S.) nations working on S. W. I. F. T.-alternatives. So far as I've heard, mainland China launched its China/Cross-border Inter-bank Payment System (C. I. P. S.) in October 2015, while Russia is both integrating C. I. P. S. and trying to develop its own system. I have not ye heard from the other B. R. I. C. S. nations, as of yet.

Given a decade or 2, U. S. holidays probably whouldn't hinder the world's money transfers as much. As of now...

Most Helpful Girl

• 6k is a lot of money to transferring, especially between separate accounts. Banks have to do their due diligence, so 2-3 days is actually very reasonable.

What Guys Said 5

• When I hear internet banking I picture CashzzzExchange%%%. biz. net. com. It wasn't that site, was it?

• It probably have to pass through a Clearing House of sort. Be patient , so as long as the details on the wire transfer is correct it should be deposited soon , if not , have your friend call up his/her bank to see what's up.

• The transfering bank says 2-3 days to give it to your bank, but they have no idea how long your bank takes to process it.

• This is normal. Verification processes between banks.

• Are you sure he typed in all the proper numbers

What Girls Said 3

• Some banks put holds on certain levels of money. Perhaps they put a hold on the money. They indicated that it will be deposited in 2-3 days. Now, it's still not in there, I would call the bank and find out what is going on.

I know this is frustrating, but perhaps something happy. Systems are far from perfect and there are often mistakes.

One time my paycheck was delayed by a week because there was a computer glitch. I wasn't too happy as I had bills I needed to pay and could really use the money. But I called my bank (and of course they denied it was an issue) yet the problem resolved itself the next morning (I called my bank the night before).

It can't hurt to call and at least let them know something is wrong. Perhaps they can figure out what happened. Worst case scenario, one of the banks messed up. But hopefully you get your money soon!

• 2-3 business days is standard timing for an external bank transfer. The banks need to communicate with each other, paper work needs to be done, etc. You'll get your money. Just be patient.

• They have to check it its at a lot of banks.