Why do you feel sorry for cutters?

Let's face it. Everyone goes through hardship in their lives. But not everyone resort to cutting themselves. Many cut themselves because they can't "feel themselves" or their existence. They feel ignored, and yadda yadda yadda. Then after cutting themselves, they want people to understand and sympathize with them. Honestly, what kind of bull crap is that?

Boohoo. Your life is so hard. The world's smallest violin. The scars are nothing but a proof of your mental instabillity and your inability to handle hardships in a more practical manner. There are people who go through much worse crap than the cutters, so what makes them think they're so special? Why are they hungry for attention? Why do they want people to feel sorry for them? Let's get real here once and for all. And if you’re a sensitive prick whose feeling’s been hurt by this, well then, go fuck yourself.
Why do you feel sorry for cutters?

3mo asdf

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds YOU are the obnoxious bitch looking for attention here. What do you even know about people who cut themselves? Nothing. And yet, you sit here and poop out some intellectual diarrhea and throw around with generalizations and judgements. "Other people have worse problems" So what? Is that some kind of fucked-up excuse to withhold empathy? Would you say this to a soldier coming home from abroad with his legs amputated? "Oh c'mon dude, don't be a crybaby. It's just legs! People in the Congo are having their entire family slaughtered right now! What a pussy would cry about legs!" Different people deal with problems differently, alright? Some just move on after a breakup, others need years to get over it. Some need a month to get over their dad's sudden death, others cry about it 20 years later. Some people drown their sorrow with alcohol, others take drugs, others starve themselves or eat too much and yet others cut themselves. Are you saying that people don't have a right to be depressed? That they have to walk around with a smile on their face even though they feel like dying inside? Well go fuck yourself and your ice cold, emotionless, judgmental ass.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I used to cut myself because I didn't know how to cope. I was afraid to tell anyone about my problems because I thought that nobody would care and that I was bothering them... So I cut to deal with the stress I had put on me. The thing is that I had a disorder called BPD, but I wasn't aware at the time. I just thought I was crazy. I was going through post break up drama and family problems which is what triggered my behavior.

My boyfriend didn't feel sorry for me, actually he wanted me to get help. He urged me to talk to a therapist and to deal with my emotions. He helped me out of the hole I dig myself into.

I know that cutting is stupid to some, but you have to understand that people deal with their issues differently. Empathy is important in helping people recover.

Also I get that some do it for attention, but I hid it. I used to wear bracelets and long sleeve shirts to hide the scars. My boyfriend found out which led to me letting him know.

What Guys Said 3

• most cutters hide it... at least the legitimate ones do.

a better question: what do you get out of putting down people who clearly have enough problems? just curious

• I never understood it, I have had a crappy life and I never resulted to cutting myself and while I was depressed I was also never really excepted anybody to feel bad for me. Honestly the cutters somehow angered me, I honestly understood drug users more than a cutter

• Across for attention, down for results.

What Girls Said 0