Are you a liberal or conservative but don't like to be associated with the immature people who consider themselves part of your group?

Most Helpful Guy

• Neither. I am me with my very own views. Yes, they are quite libertarian (note, not modern liberal) with more traditional values - but are by no means limited to those.

There does seem to be a widely held strange belief that you have to be one or the other.

Because it is easier to see things black or white rather than seeing the endless amounts of grey-tones inbetween as well as different colours.

So true.

What Guys Said 9

• I am neither liberal nor conservative. Liberalism is a disease; conservatism is trash. I'm a progressive leftist: democratic socialist. The cornerstone of liberalism is to obtain equality while keeping the same, unequal infrastructure. This is innately stupid. You can't obtain equality through innately unequal institutions and systems.

As opposed to conservatives, who wish to keep everything unequal--maintaining strict social classes--and keep traditional values the same. I, however, want to change everything. I want us to obtain equality and demolish unequal institutions in order to do so. The end of capitalism; the end of political correctness; the end of political "tolerance"; the end of the two-party system; and the solidification of the middle class. And other stuff.

As for immature people who consider themselves part of my group, I don't run into them often.

But whatever group you ascribe to, there will be others who misrepresent or portray badly whatever label you maintain. The best route is to simply ignore them.

Sounds like you are the immature one.

Not so well read on history or economics are you?

@WalterRadio And communism isn't only socialism. It includes socialism, but you would have to separate the governing from the economics in order to prove the genocides and other negatives of the countries are the result of economics and not governing. North Korea, China, the ex USSR, all communist. Which is government, not pure economics. 'Course you know that as a economics minor.

We could also add in horrible capitalist countries. Like most of Latin America, the most violent place on Earth. Free market capitalism, deregulation privatization; pervasive poverty, highest violence in the world, Ecuador, Mexico, Hondoras. All highly capitalist, and all highly shitty. So if you want to use Korea as an example of socialism, I'll use Honduras--the most violent country on Earth--as my example for capitalism. You could say drugs are a major player there, and they are. However, that failure under capitalism is part of the equation. The black market ascribes to capitalism, just as much.

Honduras is #113 on the economic freedom index. It is a heck of a lot closer to Russia than to Hong Kong.

Ecuador is classified as repressed.

Mexico is only moderate.

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

You really shouldn't lie. It is too easy to prove you wrong.

• i'm a social liberal fiscal conservative

i'd prefer not to be lumped into any group unless i choose

Pretty much libertarian?

• I lean liberal, but I can't stand other people who call themselves liberals so I just call myself independent. I like hearing both sides of the debate, while other liberals like surrounding themselves with other liberals so they can endlessly hear their view repeated back to them.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.

• Neither. Power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely. Liberals think government is corrupt and want to give it more power. Liberals want to give a corrupt government more power and think that will be good for the people. The more power government has the less the people have. Liberals are complete idiots.

• I am a liberal and I do get annoyed by a lot of the discourse from both sides.

• I am conservative but I am not a Republican

• im conservative

• I am with the Alt Right. We are pretty comfortable with who we are.

Would that be like Anders Breivik?

No. It would be more like Stefan Molyneux, Jared Taylor, Richard Spencer, Greg Johnson, Sam Dickson, 'Ramzpaul', 'Millennial Woes', 'Pale Hominid', 'The Golden One', 'Red Ice Radio'... You can start with these guys, and you will get a pretty good idea:)

ok, just making sure. lol

• I am a moderate.

What Girls Said 0