Does It Annoy You When Women Text, "Oh, Okay"?

When I text women... I dunno... but it really bugs me when they say, "Oh, okay." I just feel like the word shows a lot of disinterest and it sounds sort of like, "whatever" to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always just used it when I end up understanding something that I didn't get at first, and that can be with anyone. The other day my sister was explaining why she late with her payment to me. She owes me money, so I just let her pay me back in payments. When she explained, I answered: "Oh okay, no problem then." I didn't realize 'Oh okay' meant anything else.

Most Helpful Guy

• Doing it once doesn't mean much to me. I give the benefit of the doubt and imagine that they just couldn't think of a response but still wanted to respond someway.
    Now, if I see a string of short answers like "yeah" or "oh" or "oh, okay," that's the point where I just leave the conversation. I assume that they aren't wanting to chat at that point and anymore texts would just bother em and waste my own time. It doesn't particularly annoy me, but I'm just kind of leaving feel "meh, whatever."

What Girls Said 11

• That's why texting is stupid, people get the wrong impression over texts. O he hasn't replied yet and it's only been 30 seconds.. he's not interested. She only said only said two words.. she's not interested. Instead texting.. try calling the person and have an actual conversation with them. Thats the best way to determine if they're interested or not..

• Oh, okay..

• Guess maybe they're disinterested in you

• It bothers me when anyone does that.

• What's worse is when they say K or ok

• I agree, you're over thinking. I say "oh okay." All the time 😂

• I say it if you tell me something interesting or if you said anything that surprised me. Im actually the very interested when i say that. Usually i follow up with something though. Maybe i should stop saying it if it annoys people haha. I never knew.

• It does show a lot of disinterest, I agree

• If I say "Oh, okay." It usually means I was offended or could tell that the person I was texting to was already annoyed in the first place.

But I mean, it could also just be the girl acknowledging what you said. If that's the case, I don't see the problem.

• I only would do that if I'm not interested or if they said something that disappointed me or hurt my feelings

• Texting is annoying to begin with.

What Guys Said 8

• You arew way overthinking this. There is no single answer to this. I would think most mean that they are responding to somethink you said or it could mean the get it on something. In the scope of things, I wouldn't worry about something like this.

• Not really, it doesn't mean much to me. I mean... if they continue showing disinterest, it's a sign for me to move on so I appreciate those little 'hints they give about not being interested.

• Just keep looking for women that will actually be interested. A lot of dating sites and such has proved to feed into certain females insecurity. Those women are most likely centering their attention towards guys that excite them.

• What annoys me is one word answers

• Yeah because how do you follow up on that

• I dont understand why gurls text 1-3 words but talk nonstop irl 🤔

Texting is counter-productive, so is small talk but at least your hands are free...

@jman46241 u dont get the sarcasm do u. That is exactly why u won't get where im coming from. No need for the advice although its greatly appreciated ✌🏼️

What sarcasm? Lol at best I detected a defense mechanism.. Hey thanks for the appreciation!

• Lol everyone in here's lying. That oh kk shit annoys everyone

• I don't care. Texting itself is an annoyance to me.