How funny is this Comedian: George Carlin?

One of the greats... but do you find him funny?

Most Helpful Girl

• I found him funny generally most of the time even though I didn't always agree with his views. He was very controversial. Had an edge but still hilarious. RIP.

Most Helpful Guy

• Top 3, if not my all-time favorite comedian. I'm not sure anyone has dropped so much truth about the world and life while doing it so hilariously. This is one of my basic fundamentals of life...
    i0.wp.com/.../stupid.jpg?resize=576%2C351

What Girls Said 12

• He's one of my favorite comedians, but he does have a more satirical, intelligent social commentary using humor sort of style. So, that doesn't necessarily have a laugh out loud, crying from laughter effect (sometimes it does), but it's brilliant.

• The Greatest of All Time.

• Is he supposed to be a comedian? Seems to me he's just a sayings maker that tries a bit too hard...
    A wannabe philosopher? Probably.
    Loves to hear himself speak? Definitely.

• I'm not sure I know who he is.

• Truly one of the all time greats! I especially loved the bit he did on the very first Saturday Night Live about who took all the blue food!

• One of my favorites! I love his cameos in Kevin Smith's movies too!

• I love the dude! His funny and he speaks truth

• Hmm, I know who he is, what he does, etc, but I've never watched a segment of his.

• I don't know him.

• He's not only very funny but intelligent. I like the acerbic edge to his routine. Her puts many contemporary "comedians" to shame. His passing left a hole in the world of comedy.

• Lol he's so funny and right

• He's pretty damn awesome. However, I prefer Louis C. K. :3
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../c87.png

What Guys Said 17

• One of the best... RIP

• His humour was of a time. I don't find it laugh out loud funny. But I do find it entertaining. Maybe amusing is the better word.

• NOPE!!! One of the realest comedians to ever live!!! All of the biggest comedians have a message in their standup and I personally LOVE that. Its almost like a call to action but i don't think most people get it really they go home, remember he was funny, but forget the messages that were delivered...

SAD

• I know the name but can't recall seeing him - He seems more of a humourous social commentator and I often enjoy that more than comedy itself.

• Carlin was one of the greatest ! <3

• Hilarious! The first asshole comedian I believe that told it like it is. Sleep.. fuck.. Sleep and Fuck Sleep and Fuck!

• One of the best comedians of all time.

• Bloody brilliant.

• I remember watching one of his shows on HBO when I was about 12. We were dying laughing.

• He was one of my 3 all time favorites, along with Richard Pryor and Rodney Dangerfield.

• He was amazing. He really knew how to push people's buttons.

RIP George.

• He is one of the best

• Yes it's too bad he died. He was one of the best.

• he needs to fucking die.

• He was vastly overrated. I didn't like him.

• Not as funny as george lopez

• I enjoyed his humour a lot earlier, but I kind of got bored over time.