Whats wrong with globalism?

Foreign trade is like a magic machine, you feed it corn and it pops out nice cars.

I am against global government though, if that is what they mean, but I am also against federal and state government as well.

Hillary scares me, but at least she is more greedy than stupid and won't torpedo trade relations.

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose the main issue is a 'race to the bottom', in order to attract investment, countries have to lower standards and have very favourable tax regimes. See the recent thing: 'European Commission ruling that Ireland
    granted €13bn of undue tax benefits to Apple'. So there's questions of equity and fairness.
    Also, with hyper competition, it's natural that any kind of concern of stewarding of the planet falls by the wayside.

There's all sorts of ethical and ecological issues, if one even scratches the surface. Unfortunately, people want to bury their heads in the sand about the less pleasant aspects of any kind of philosophy, such is human nature.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• It is hard to say but I think there might be a change in the next generation, globally there is a populist rise against globalisation, I think it has to find its bearings still and where it wants to go but it will be interesting to see if it goes right wing or left wing.

• www.zerohedge.com/.../secret-global-court-why-corporate-criminals-corrupt-politicians-desperately-want-tpp
    Its corporate Nazism. This corporations will essentially run the world. You won't be able to do anything to stop them from enacting whatever nefarious plans they want. Selling poison GMO food, or Paying there workers enough. They can't be fired because you don't elect them. Its a huge step backwards

• I am studying on it so have not answer yet and I am reading old theory.
    So wish I will have answer to reply you.

• I don't know either.

• Globalism is fine if you don't mind your culture and race to disappear forever. Some of us don't want to be a cultureless brown tax-slave under a one world government.

• Well i trade for a living and i'm actually one of those guys that got to see how money is sucked from the idea of global trade. I myself have made a lot with this game and all i can say is that the rabbit hole goes far deeper than you think. I know how money is sucked up from the global markets on a monthly basis and having seen it first hand... it runs into the billions of dollars. I'm voting Hillary too... because with her in power i will not get exposed. Trump is actually the good guy in all of this, but there are forces at play that make him look bad.

• It is a very complex topic with many pros and cons (I didn't read Hillarys position on it):
    You own companies can export to other countries and can sale more
    You own companies can import parts from other countries cheaper than it would cost to buy at companies in your own country
    Your own companies will have competition from companies in other countries too. When there sectors where other countries have factors so they can produce cheaper, companies in your own country will go bankrupt and produce unemployment.
    Other countries might have lower quality/safety standards. Not officially international versions of Chinese batteries are for example known to be more likely to go boom. In the US there are lower standards in food then in Europe (the US allows many toxic or health risk foods which would be forbidden in Europe)