Can between be used with if?

"Well this happens when you can't even differentiate between if you got roasted or not."
I don't know it just sounds grammatically incorrect

Most Helpful Guy

• In that sentence "between" is probably redundant. Crisp, clean writing dispenses with unnecessary words. It could be reworded this way:

"Well this happens when you can't even differentiate whether you got roasted or not."

Most Helpful Girl

• How about: differentiate whether you got roasted or not

What Guys Said 5

• The "even" is unnecessary, as is "between" because you only have two possibilities. "If" should be replaced with "whether"

• Yeah that works.

• English is not my native language but in this situation you should use "whether". Isn't it taught at schools?

To all people answering "between" is redundant: "differentiate" is an intransitive verb in this case and it can't take a direct object. Between is necessary here. Why do I even teach you to speak your own language lmao?

@HulkkSmash No, French is much harder. German and Russian seem really impossible. English is the easiest language in Europe.

To master the English language is impossible. You can speak it your whole life, and still learn something new.

• That sounds right.

• I think the between is redundant.

What Girls Said 0