Do you wear a helmet when riding a bicycle?

As in to school, or to work close by, around the neighborhood, to the park, etc..

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't recall ever wearing a helmet when riding a bike. But I haven't rode a bicycle in a long while either way. The next time I most likely would, especially if I planned on biking for long distances or something. Otherwise, I'd just take my sweet time and bike slowly and not ride in the streets with all of the cars and possibly really rude drivers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't remember the last time I rode a bicycle. Maybe when I was young and by then yes I had to wear a helmet as it is part of the law here. You can get an on the spot fine for not doing so.

I don't ride bicycles anymore. I ride motorbikes (but that's a totally different thing)

What Guys Said 17

• I've had close calls that happen in an instant. Always wear one.

• Always. I have fallen or nearly fallen off my bicycle and motorcycle enough times to know that you should always wear one.

Today we rode along a little trail/access road around the campground and we both wore ours.

• 1|0
  • Only when pulling DANK WHOOLIES

• Yep, because a potential +$100 medical bill/injury from a fall/crash isn't worth forgetting a ~$20 helmet.

• Where I cycle the roads are busy and I think it might be the law here, everyone wears helmets.

• I used to ride a road bike for exercise...100 miles a week. I always wore a helmet, and it saved my life. I was side swiped by a pickup truck going 45 miles per hour, and my head bounced off the asphalt so hard that it cracked the inch-thick helmet clean through. I didn't even have a concussion. Without it, I would have died or suffered severe brain damage.

• yep i wear a helmet when cycling anywhere i live in the countryside with idiot drivers who feel its a rally track area and having been knocked off my bike before its more precaution than anything else now

• Absolutely because I don't want to fuck my head.

• Yes, it's required by law here.

• Nope. Wouldn't wear one on my motorcycle if I didn't have to.

• No never done that before.

• Did the Goonies wear helmets? Hell no!

• Yes.. always. Smart thing to do. Saved me injury more than once

• It's required by law here.

Just last week one of my coworkers would probably have died without one. He was knocked out cold even with one.

• If I were to actually cycle somewhere, then yes.

But otherwise, I don't need to wear a brain bucket if im just quickly biking somewhere in my small town.

• Nope, I'm a professional rider

What Girls Said 5

• I know I should but I don't.

• No, not really. Sometimes I do, but that is rare. It always good to wear one, tho.

• I don't ride bicycles

• No, but it's so much safer wearing one.

• Nope