Why do democrats like Bill Clinton so much?

he's so awful he cheated on his wife countless times and during his presidency his security team had a protical if Hilary was going to walk into the room. he was always in so many scandals during his career just like Hilary has and he has helped her with the dark money she raised with the Clinton foundation.

2mo he was more right winged than liberal

he instituted the federal “Defense of Marriage Act” that prohibited the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages (ruled unconstitutional by a conservative U. S. Supreme Court many years after Bill left office)
he banned the don't ask don't tell policy in the military
he suported the “Religious Freedom Restoration Act” federal religious discrimination statute
he tried to privatice social security
he made NAFTA

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they think he will give them more benefits. Also he held up their liberal views. I don't get either. Hillary could commit murder on live TV and democrats would excuse it.

he tried to privatice social security
      he was more right winged than liberal
      The federal “Defense of Marriage Act” that prohibited the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages (ruled unconstitutional by a conservative U. S. Supreme Court many years after Bill left office)
      The “Religious Freedom Restoration Act” federal religious discrimination statute
      The multi-lateral free trade deal NAFTA

Yes but that money would go into programs that help the middle class.

It needs to stay in our pocket. But it will probably go to people who keep having babies

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he was probably the best Democratic president in at least the last 50 years, probably longer.

About your updates:

"he was more right winged than liberal"

You gotta be kidding. Bill Clinton right wing? There is no doubt whatsoever that he was a liberal. He was somewhat moderate, but still well to the left of center.

“Defense of Marriage Act”

He wasn't president in 2016. He was president in the 90s. Support for gay marriage is a VERY recent thing politically. Supporting it in the 90s would have been political suicide.

"he banned the don't ask don't tell policy in the military"

He created the policy, not banned it. The policy was politically brilliant. Publicly he took a neutral stance, not actually endorsing gays in the military. But in effect he allowed gays in the military with little to no political backlash.

He was good at that type of thing. Another example is his comment about smoking weed, "I didn't inhale". Most of the people who cared if he smoked believed him. The ones who didn't believe him didn't care.

“Religious Freedom Restoration Act”

How is that conservative? That was almost entirely a Democrat bill. It was introduced and supported by the leftest of the left. From your wording it sounds like you don't understand what it was. You imply that it discriminated against religion, when it was just the opposite. It expanded religious protection. It allowed things like drug use that would otherwise be illegal, if it's used as part of religious ceremony.

"he tried to privatice social security"

Not necessarily a bad idea if done right. IRAs, 401s etc were a step in that direction, going back quite a few years. Even way back when those programs started it was known that SS was in trouble. Ever since then politicians have talked about it in every election, but haven't done a thing about it, because every possible solution has negative political ramifications. He was acknowledging that the federal governments sucks at managing SS. He was right. So are all the other people who say that.

"he made NAFTA"

No he didn't. That had been in negotiation for years. It was almost completely done when he came into office. He had virtually nothing at all to do with it. Whether NAFTA was good or bad is still open for debate.

What Girls Said 1

• Because they're clueless

What Guys Said 12

• I'm politically far-left (though not American) and I can say whole-heartedly that I consider Bill Clinton a dumbass. Not quite as big of a dumbass as Bush was but still a pretty big dumbass.
    Actually, I can't think of any more or less recent US president that I find cool. I admire Kennedy for having handled certain crises (such as the bay of pigs invasion) so rationally and calmly but even he had enough views I'd probably disagree with.

• He's a charmer. Maybe falsely so, but you can't deny he's charming and entertaining. Compared to his shrew wife, he's a pleasure to have around.

Charles Manson was also a charmer.

but many of the women he killed found him charming at the time. its only after people knew who he was that people found him creepy.

I don't know, maybe. But his general nature just seems sociopathic. I think i would feel that way even before he went to jail. He just seems... off

• Because he showed the American dream still exists! You can fuck your coworkers, get caught and have your wife still be with you 😂😂😂... I gotta find that Kat Williams skit. But in somewhat seriousness, it's the same to me as Republicans with Ronald Reagan. None of it makes sense. Both were ridiculously overrated by each side

• Because Democrats have absolutely no moral standard. They nominated Hillary, after all. The most heinous and corrupt operator this world has ever known.

Totally agree

Many of the voter rolls were suppressed, many votes remain uncounted, and many people were not allowed to cast votes. Regardless of the number of votes she has, she is not the legitimate nominee. Empirical studies have shown that 200 or so odd delegates would've went to Sanders had it been a fair election.

@ITalkYouListen sorry but Bernie turned out to just as bad as she is. He sold out his supporters and took it up the ass from Hillary... and liked it. It did get a beautiful summer house though...

• There could be and can be worse presidents
    ih1.redbubble.net/.../flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

• Bill was able to bring California and Illinois into the Democratic column. They had been primarily Republican states before him.

However, it is worth noting that in both 1992 and 1996, he did not receive a majority of the popular vote.

• Lmao I don't give two flying shits if he cheated on his wife. If he's a good president then just live with it. If he improved this country then why are you so quick to look at scandals?

he wasn't

what I mean is he wasn't as bad as G. W but he was still average at best.

There aren't many good/average presidents, mostly awful. Therefore, he's above average

• He wrecked the economy, sent jobs overseas, screwed over the world, basically all of the things Bush and Obomber did. I'm not a Democrat by the way, but many on the left-wing of the Democrat Party think this way, and I just happen to agree with them.

• You do know he was the last president who reduced the debt

That doesn't make him likable plus most democrats don't care as much about the national debt

He just got lucky cause of the dot com boom.

• because he is that cool guy president

• He's a charming guy.

• Couldn't help but notice you didn't critique any actual presidential actions he did. Only personal stuff. He had good policies. Hillaries are radically different unfortunately.