How do I deal with being an incompetent person?

I have literally little-to-no common sense whatsoever. School and grades don't reflect being clumsy, slow, or having a deficit of common sense. If you were to put an object right in front of my face on a table surrounded by a few other things, I would probably not find it. I forget things quickly. If you asked me to balance a plate of food in one hand and read a book with the other, I would drop the food.

I don't think I am competent enough to survive on my own if I go away for college. I'm 17.

Most Helpful Girl

• The clumsy part might be solved by practicing yoga, silly but it's worth looking into. The common sense part is a bit complicated, but you should actually be able to find a podcast that can help teach you some. Generally common sense comes with age, but if you feel like you have absolutely none whatsoever, it's worth a try.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahaha. You'll be fine. Just put yourself through discomfort till you figure it out

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Find your strong suits and marketing them.