Do you think 'Reality TV', and how popular it has become defines how dumbed down Society has become?

Most Helpful Guy

• ... ever consider that maybe now with the internet we just know more about how dumb other people are and what they'd say with no filter?
    I mean before that ya just didn't know the full extent of stupidity because there was no way to find out.

Well said, and I agree! Social media is full of a loud minority of idiotic people.

What Girls Said 5

• Abs-fucking-llutely that and social media. In a world full of Kim Kardashians, I wanna be Lauryn Hill.

Most GaGers don't even know who that is, but I do! ;-)

i used to have a huge crush on Lauryn Hill when she was in The Fugees

She was so sexy, yummy delicious black love :)

• Everyone, everywhere, enjoys watching dramatic fights play out. Love and Hip Hop is pretty fucking hilarious, I watch Cardi B clips and she's guarenteed to make you laugh.
    http://youtu.be/d2eaUyO7y9U

It means nothing cept entertainers continue to entertain.

• Um know I think the stupid shit they have for cartoons dose such as regular show Annoying Orange SpongeBob when we used to have good cartoons like Scooby-Doo Mighty Mouse Thundarr The Barbarian Josie and the Pussycats The Jetsons

• Nope, the internet proves how naturally dumb most people are.

• It's why I never watch any of that garbage.

What Guys Said 17

• No, it just means that the most dumb segments of society have easily accessible entertainment. It doesn't say anything about the rest of us.

• Yes, it is a contributing factor because it lets people vicariously live their darker and baser instincts - the kinds of things that society was evolved to inhibit for the overall benefit of our species.

• Yes, yes and yes!

• I think the fact it is cheap to make has meant that the market is now saturated with the product and society can't help but be influenced by it.

• Yes and more yes look at society one show starts a epidemic.. Flavor FLAY went on tv and got pretty looking women to show that they're only in that situation for his money. That is something the woman of the past would not tolerate. Some now feels the same it seems.

• What is so bad about some junk food television? I feel that other generations probably had shows that weren't always intellectually nourishing.

• Depends on what reality shows you're watching. Kardashians and talent contests yes, documentaries about survival and science and the like, no.

• I think TV in general has defined just how stupid we've become.

• Actually seeing as we're creating our own realities it makes us geniuses in our own right. Let em do their thing

• O it defiantly plays a part.

• Because we were incredibly intelligent in the past.

• No. Social media is a better indicator

• I dont know, is it popular? I dont watch tv.

• Apparently the people that still want to pay for cable like that sort of shit.

• Reality TV isn't that popular, especially within my friend group.

• I think tv in general fucked earth

• I thought it's past it's peak in popularity.