Guys, if a woman stopped you on the street and complimented you or asked if you wanted to go out sometime, how would you react?

I'm way to scared to approach a guy I find attractive because I'm so scared of rejection.

Most Helpful Guy

• If she doesn't seem like a street bandit or drug lord or I don't know something evil and I was attracted to her I'd be surprised as fuck and probably speechless.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is this something attractive women who aren't desperate do? I'm not trying to throw shade at all, but I just dont see a pretty girl who can get guys doing this... guys would be doing that to YOU

Well lots of guys talk about being scared to tall to women so I dunno

Same applies to guys, an attractive guy who isn't desperate might not need to do it either. However everyone see's someone attractive and would think it would be cool to get to know them. If I see an attractive girl looking at me, I'll approach her... In a way that's her way of letting me know that she's interested and I just take the positive step.

@Kkaos and @pr3ttybr0wn I can't agree with you guys. Too much dam double standard here. Who cares, some people get in relationships via most awkward or weird ways so I always don't judge. It goes two ways really. I also don't understand why people judge a guys who are asked out on a date by girls and are judged for not having a balls, it doesn't make any sense and again goes two way. Just do what makes you happy and don't look at what everyone thinks because this days everyone judge everyone for everything or make a stupid double standards.

#StopDoubleStandards

What Guys Said 30

• If she interested me, I would accept. Being afraid of rejection is prevalent throughout society. The people who can accept rejection are the ones who get what you don't because of that fear. The important thing is that rejection is really not that big of a deal. Rejection does not mean anything other than that person is not interested. It means nothing bad about you. Tell the guy you are interested in going out with him. You wanted to know if he is interested. You don't have to ask "will you go out with me". Make it a very casual statement. Trust me. You will be fine if he says he is not. All you will have is a little disappointment. You can't avoid things because of your fear because you will always deny yourself of many things you want. You are guaranteed to not have a date with this guy if you don't try. Think of all the things you will miss if you don't try.

• I'd be surprised at first. But I'd probably accept, even if only for having the guts to break norm and approach me.

• I don't know. My overall response depends on if I find her attractive or not. Either way I'd be very polite. Then again I'm a mature person.
    Rejection literally means nothing. Just do it. Especially if it's a random person. You'll never see them again anyway. Why should you be afraid of being rejected by them?

• I'd be pleasantly surprised. I'd love a woman to come approach me and ask me out.

• If I was available and wouldn't reject her outright, then sure, I'd go out.
    If I was available but would reject her outright, then I might come up with some excuse to minimize their pain, but also not get myself into a bind. (For instance, saying "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm gay." is out.)
    If I was unavailable, then I would make that clear.

• If I thought she was attractive I'd be happy, however I'd probably have approached her first. If I wasn't attracted to her I'd just brush it off and leave, there's nothing to be afraid of about rejection, you're still alive.

• 1|1
  • Haha, I wish there were more girls like you. You would get props from me for having a balls to do that and I would accept your offer then see how the date would go.

• Often times, I would probably accept. I don't know with 100% if I'd accept you as a girlfriend at first, maybe just a friend, but I wouldn't reject someone out of nowhere.

• If that were something I believed plausible, positively.
    Since that specific scenario is ridiculous since no one generally likes me, I'd probably be scared and predict it is some sort of prank or joke or something else.

• I would thank her. . . but decline.
    There was a time when I would have said yes, but I am too damaged to be receptive any more.
    Scenarios that are similar to the question happen to me quite a bit. When women become older, they become less reluctant to make the first move. I think that it has to do with male attention and the number of available men dropping off the bottom of the graph by age 40.

• Do I know the woman - Depends if I felt something I would say lets have a coffee - If I wasn't interested, I would just be nice about it and turn her down as politely as possible

• A girl working at one of those stands in the mall told me i had a nice ass and gave me her number, made my day!

• If complimented, I would say "thank you." If I was attracted to her and she asked, I'd go out. Not as a "date" though. Somewhere in between hanging out and a date. *looks for Thai to English dictionary*

• Flattered! there's no guarantee but I happen to be single at the moment and interested in a relationship but not actively looking so I may well see if me and this woman can arrange something.

Saying that the street can be a risky place and i may be being a bit rash thinking don't let opportunities pass you by more than most people.
      It would be better to have more of a conversation or be in a safer setting before doing that.

Id feel less threatened than you would though since i'm probly a lot stronger

• If I'm not with someone at the time then sure I'll accept if I think there's something there.

• If I was attracted to her I would accept the offer and ask for a number to make plans if she didn't have any. If I wasn't attracted to her I would tell her thanks but not interested.

• I'd find it creepy if a stranger just stops me and says she wants to go out with me. Before I go out with someone, quite seriously, I need to have at least had some level of conversation with them (text or person).

Doesn't you get a first date for that tho?
      I'm sure in old days something like the OP says was more common than today since back then we even didn't had smartphones or internet 😂 😂

@YellowCactus What you're saying is probably right, but considering the circumstances, that is how I am now.

@ogutbomb Fair Enough.

• I would be skeptical but i would be ok with hanging out some time.

• On the street? I would assume I was being set up for robbery and split.

• I'd ask her to take me to ER first.

• Just do it😇😇

• Stunned at first.. but would never want to dissapoint your courage...

• I'd go out with her, because I know how incredibly afraid most girls are to make that leap, and she needs to realise it's not the end of the world to do the asking.

• Wouldn't ever happen

• I'd be shocked.

• "OMG I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! STOP STARE-RAPING ME!"

Isn't that how it goes nowadays?

• Because of my past I would assume a prank or something else fishy going on

• If she is a complete stranger and I'm single. I'd say sure. Then give her my email address. I don't give out my number until I know someone better.

What Girls Said 2

• Eh i think most people don't like to be approached while walking down the sidewalk or street.

• Just do it :)