Answers:
1)-512
2)0.0
3)-512
4)-12

0|1
0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of these are bitwise operations (although #2 is a cast) so you have to convert s and c to binary and then work them out. You should also know what a sign bit is.

The << operator is a bitwise shift to the left. s <<= 2 is short for s = s << 2. So you're shifting s to the left by two binary digits. Because binary is base 2, every left shift is equivalent to a multiplication by two so s << 2 (on an integral value) yields the same result as s*2*2 which is indeed -512.

#2 is a cast and Java has it's own set of rules for that which you'll probably have to look up. I don't remember them.

#3 is sort of a trick because i is a 32 bit int and s is a 16 bit short so the result will also be a 32 bit value (I think). In this case the sign bit of s will probably be interpreted as a normal 1. I could be wrong, I'm doing this in my head.

#4 is simple order of operations. Do the innermost brackets first and go from there. >> is a right shift which is equivalent to a division by two. c >> 1 will then be -4 and -4 + -8 = -12.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should rephrase the question and ask for help in whatever it is you are looking like "Anyone know X/Y/Z, need help?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Because! *magic*

Give me most helpful I want an amazong voucher!

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

dear d**k AKA blobb
      Did you really think I'd fall for it, just cause you're anonymous
      Bitch please , we've been together for 4 years :D

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.