Why do some people base their entire arguments (as in discussion to prove their point) on facts learned on You Tube?

Is it just me or are more and more of our youth turning to You Tube for answers? Am I wrong in refusing to accept You Tube as a legitimate, professional, accredited research tool?

Most Helpful Girl

• What happens if you dont accept their answer? Are you going to turn them in somewhere? If you dont like the answer... you dont like it. End of story.

for someone that is 50 (supposedly) you seem to have the mindset of someone under 21. so I am guessing that your profile info is about as true as the fact that vegans will one day rule the world...(found that on you tube)

wow if that is what your end of this discussion has degraded to then I wish you well in your life and pray that someday you will find someone willing to overlook your mental handicaps. perhaps if you added more meat and fish to your diet then you would get the protien your body needs in order to allow your brain cells to regenerate normally. :) I wish you the best in your life journey. I really was hoping that you would have the intellect to prove to me why I should look at You Tube as a valuable research tool but all you have done is prove my thesis. ;) good luck in life.

LOL...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a lazy way of making an argument. It's basically having someone else make an argument for you.

What Girls Said 1

• No offense, but if you're expecting random people online to give you a "legitimate, professional, accredited research tool" for an "argument" that essentially means nothing and does nothing for anything besides your ego, then you need to get a life and find a more useful, better hobby. Don't expect people to choose to do homework assignments from you, a random Girlsaskguys. com user, as if they are working towards a grade A for some argument that essentially has zero benefit or truly valuable meaning. Bickering is a pointless hobby.

lmfao.. wow you really do belong to generation you tube. wait until you get to university and try to hand in a paper based on you tube.. lmao can't wait to see your response.. and actually my question was based on a discussion with a vegan who based his whole argument on you tube facts.. well according to you tube spiders Lau their eggs in human skin while they are sleeping (my daughter found that one) so better not fall asleep!!! lmfao

If that was the condensed version, then I truly feel so sorry for your children that they have to deal with the burden of your mouth.

Lmao.. can you not come up with any new material? You keep saying the same thing things repetitiously demonstrating nothing more than ignorance hiding behind a facade of anonymity. My belief is that you are just jealous. Idiocracy at its finest with multiple uses of oxymorons demonstrating nothing more than a most basic grasp of English linguistics. It's apprehensible that allowed myself to be degraded and to waste my time to speak to such an uncouth and unsavory individual as yourself that has proven nothing. Anyone can make accusations and my children could stand toe to toe with you and probably make you burst into tears. At least my children will be prepared to take over when I die. So if you wish to continue fooling yourself that your meaningless antics will diswade or persuade me one iota then please continue

What Guys Said 1

• I understand, yes if I heard a fact on a random YouTube and chose to use it, I would do a little more research to back it up but in fairness even on google you can't be safe because even the most professional sites are dodgy - For example a political fact, if I saw something that seemed legit on a news site, I would check the bias of the site on Google and maybe do an open search to get both sides.

I don't use Google for research either... there are these things called libraries that have these things called books and a special section specifically for research... you should check it out someday.

and I don't mean you personally lol I meant that to go on under my question not directly to you... it is nice to know some people out there have heads on their shoulders! ;)

It's okay I knew what you meant