Why doesn't my grandma and mom knock before throwing my bedroom door open?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well in its purest sense its just a matter of privacy. They might not understand that concept, or have been brought up themselves to have much privacy. In that case just ask them to knock before coming in. I get that a lot too, and its awfully irritating. Teenagers are basically half way between a child and an adult so you will often want your privacy when it suits you, and then other times you want ur parents company. It could also however be a matter of trust. If you are or have been up to no good in the past they have every reason to come into your room without permission. They own the place after all. Maybe try and gain the trust back if you feel that is the problem. Or if ur desperate then buy or make a sign saying 'knock before entering' or something of the sorts. Good luck!

Hu what trouble would I be in? I don't go anywhere and don't know anyone the only thing they would find in my room is maybe a pop can or a glass and it doesn't matter if I have a sign for them it's a suggestion

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be glad it's not your dad or grandpa!

Hu no they knock but my 4 male cousins don't

@MrAtticusLebowski it's normal for my family they slam open the door with a running Start to bug me normally with a dog pile

@MrAtticusLebowski it also is pretty normal because I share a room with them off and on through the years

What Guys Said 10

• Have you tried asking them to respect your privacy?

• Because their house, their rules. If you dislike it, you need to communicate to them that you want to have a certain level of privacy.

• Because they haven't developed a healthy respect for your boundaries, your privacy. Best they do so sooner rather than later, and don't be shy in telling them.

• probably because they dont expect anything that requires privacy.

• Two main reasons are, They pay for the place and Parents are dicks like that lol

It's mostly my grandma mom doesn't go in my room just yells across the house for me

• because they dont have a concept of privacy.

• Maybe because she's too old to care?

• be in your room with no clothes on when they burst in. That should be the end of it quickly

Um one it wouldn't my mom will walk through the house putting clothes on

you should try to work it out before leaving. Unless there are other MAJOR issues, this will be a small nuisance compared to the issues you will find outside the protection of home

Um Na I have bigger problems to do with I'll just lock my door

• Same here, maybe cuz they don't expect anything private, just tell them to not do that

• They need to catch you masturbating or walk in on you completed naked at least once. That usually does it from then on. They're kinda in the wrong here regardless of it being their home. You knocking before entering someone else's room benefits everyone involved.

You need to talk to them about it.

One I'm not doing that and 2 it would not stop them they have seen me naked before

wtf... wow. How do they not see that's kinda awkward for most people?

O no my mom gets dressed walking through the whole house I seen her grabbing clothes from the dryer but naked

What Girls Said 3

• Some adults have a "my house, my rules" mentality in which they feel they don't have to adhere to basic courtesy, or they are oblivious to the fact that they are invading your privacy. Either or.

• My family does that to. Like they bout to catch me doing some illegal shit but I'm just sitting there

• Don't worry you're not the only one
    I find that disgusting