Do you think it's mostly men's fault that women's breasts have been sexualized?

Your thoughtssss?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question because in pure biological terms they are not sexual, they are for feeding offspring. I did a quick google while they talked of some native women being traditionally topless during colonisation times and the missionaries asked the women to cover up to prevent the corruption of the newly religious men, it doesn't indicate who decided they were sexual. I found no satisfactory answer maybe a man who wanted to sell topless magazines for way above normal price or who wanted to open a topless bar and charge 10 dollars for a beer.

What Girls Said 18

• Honestly I don't know who 's "fault" it is but I don't think it's such an evil thing for breasts to be seen in a sexual light to SOME EXTENT. Breasts are beautiful, they are sexy, they are wonderful, but they are not strictly sexual, especially when the context is non-sexual, such as when a woman is breast-feeding.

I personally feel like there's nothing to gain from a woman being shirtless, but if she wants to conduct herself that way, that's her right. I do however also feel that if she wants to breast feed her child no one has the right to stop her.

• It's no ones fault, breasts are sexual, and it's cool that they are! Much more exciting!
    I don't want to show my boobs to my husband for him to be like "ehhh😒", instead I want him to be like "😍😍😍😍"

• No. It was thanks to overly puritanism. I mean, even ankles were once considered risque.

• Hmmm.
    If men created the rules for the society in which women were only sexualized objects, then yes.
    Are breasts naturally sexual, yes :) They help attract mates.
    The issue is breast feeding being treated like a nasty thing when it's very normal and not about sex at all.

• Men's are JUST a sexual as a woman's so I don't even see how it's fair to not require them to cover up as well. If you touch his nips, they can get erect and get him hot and turned on.

• No. Breasts are sexy and have a lot of sensitive nerve endings as a highly erogenous zone. Breasts weren't just made to feed babies.

• No. I think men jusy started to like the way they made a womans body look and women started using that to their advantage.

• Anyone who is attracted to women yup

• I don't think it was mostly men's fault that breasts have been sexualised, no.
    But I don't see it as a negative either, really.

• Well yeah because they have natural lust for women, which is not a bad thing at all.

• Naw I don't think it's their fault.

• Why is it something negative?

• And bi peeps and lesbos haha

• Yes everything is the man's fault

• No its everyone's fault in my opinion.

• Whaaaaa?

• Yes. Absolutely.

• No, humans are sexual. A smile, a walk, an arm, a scent can all be sexually arousing.

I do think there is a subset of men who dehumanize themselves by acting like they lose brain cells if they find someone attractive and can't control their behavior. These same guys tend to both dislike women on a personal level, but also think very poorly of men and men's abilities for impulse control and dignity.

What Guys Said 21

• Oh this is a good question 🤔

I do think men are more predispositioned to sexualize individual body parts. Like men sexualize feet, legs, boobs, butt, etc, pussy etc. Women dont seem to get as excited about male feet, butt, legs or dicks. Not saying they dont get excited at all but at least not to the same extent.

Then there is the fact they are covered all the time and heavily associated with sex. I really don't think men are stopping women from showing their tits in public. They may not want their girlfriend to be topless in public but they aren't going to stop all the other girls from being topless. I think some women have become accustomed to being covered and feel vulnerable and in some cases insecure at the thought of being topless in public. Other women would like to but dont want to ve judged or attract extra attention. Right now most girls keep themselves covered but the girls who are theoretically ok with being topless dont want to be one of the few girls who exposes her boobs if most other girls keep them covered. It only works if its a united effort.

Like a third party canidate, lots of people may like them in theory but internally they worry that nobody else will vote for them and that their vote will be wasted. So in the end nobody votes for them.

• We didn't sexual them they were made that way, women's breasts always have been sexual objects, always will be when I see my wife's I wanna be like

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gUAwDimAgiA/hqdefault.jpg

not like

memecrunch.com/meme/13Z5C/ehh/image.jpg?w=625&c=1

Leave em like they were made.

• its supposed that way. human evolution has made it so. you see babies have only had breast milk as food for hundreds of thousands of years. so if breasts are sexualized (like they are) then men will stimulate them, they will stimulate the breast glands making it so that milk production is triggered faster during pregnancy. and for a large part of human history women would feed each others babies in the tribe. so even women who were not actually pregnant they needed their breasts stimulated to feed babies and men gladly helped out a hand or two.

also giving the breasts some attention during sex is always good because it creates a bond between the two people having sex which in turn makes the relationship stronger. so it has all benefits.

but yeah i know that in a social setting sexualization of breasts can be quite unwanted. but thats not a problem because the men doing that are immature and immature men are not getting laid.

• no.
    they are only sexualized because we make such a taboo of showing them out of it. If we wouldn't make such a thing out of it and if kids would be used to them from the beginning, then they wouldn't be that special. just go visit some tribes in africa or south america where women run topless around all the time. not sexualized at all, and they have men too

• 'Fault'? :-o
    What's wrong with breasts?

• no. i believe it´s mostly christianities fault. i mean you could make the argument that christianity was made up by men and i don´t have a counter argument for that... but i know that lots of heathen or indigenous people especially in areas where the climate allows it didn´t bother to hide them.

• They're second sexual characteristics that also happen to have a ton of erogenous zones.

• Who says breasts can't have multiple uses? They are there to nurture a new born and to give it something they need to survive. But on the other hand they can be seen as something sexual. There's no harm in seeing it as both.

• can i ask another question is there anything u want to blame men for
    periods are men fault
    women menopouse is men fault
    ...

• I blame the media

• I know breasts aren't a sexual organ but they can be sexy if that makes sense (please no feminazis)

• I love putting clothespins on those little Number 2 pencil erasers

• Boobs on a guy doesn't mean anything to me, but boobs on a woman is amazing because it compliments their bodies. So its not so much the boobs that are sexualized, but the instinctual lusy for the female body.

But if their breasts were always exposed all the time would men still be just as drawn to them as they are now? They can't be overexposed?

Yeah id think so.

Have you ever banged a girl while cupping her tits?

• No

Filler

No

• Why is everything my fault

• Everything is men's fault.

• img2.izismile.com/.../...ity_bouncing_boobs_10.gif

Nonono look

Not us at all mate...

It's totallllllly Megan fox and Leslie Manns fault!! Clearly!!!

• no it's a product of natural selection.

• No... if anything its girls fault!

Guys don't really care...

• No its more human nature. No one had to tell me women's breast were sexy... when I saw boobs on an attractive woman for as long as I can remember, I got an erection and wanted to hold and suck them.

• No one forces women to dress in clothing that sexualizes their bodies.