Do you believe there is intelligent life elsewhere?

I certainly believe that our planet isn't the only place with life. There must be life elsewhere at another galaxy we'll never know. By the time, this is truly discovered we'll be long gone by then; I'll be nothing but dust. I'm not a believer in ghost, supreme beings, miracles, superstitious nor anything of that nature. This is the one exception where I'm a believer in: intelligent life elsewhere.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe, not sure
2mo Again, I'm non-believer in practically everything but this.

Most Helpful Guy

• There must be. Space, the final frontier, just imagine travelling and exploring it all, epic.

If we could live to see that time :-) That would be an era of wonder

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe there might be. Unlike Earth.

What Guys Said 14

• I hope so. And I hope their friendly or think in a capacity that we can understand

• On the one hand, there are more or less infinite numbers of planets with conditions roughly like ours, so you'd think.. they would have found intelligent life by now with radio astronomy.

Maybe there are a lot much further and it's not even on our Milky Way galaxy.

Possible, but you would think any non-random pattern of radio waves would be detectable, even if we couldn't interpret it...

but you're assuming they would be communicating using radio waves. There are a few scenarios that need to be taken into account.

1) they are so advanced that radio is an obsolete and forgotten technology.
      2) They are so far away it would take millions of years for any signal to reach them
      3) they're not advanced enough to have discovered radio comms. intelligence does not = advanced.
      4) they use an entirely different system to communicate, and as such we just can't detect it.

humans tend to think we are advanced and intelligent, but lets not forget the furthest we have been is to the moon... once! and we have only been emitting radio waves since the late 1800's. If there is a civilization as advanced as us then there is very little chance that we would actually find them.

it really is a needle in a haystack situation.

• The question is too vague and could mean that an artichoke living on a star that can do calculus in one leaf is more intelligent life. I believe there is a higher intelligence than human, but I may not recognize it even if proven because I am too stupid to understand.

• Sure , if we can't find it on Earth there's bound to some somewhere.

• Elsewhere yes, earth no

• I'm not even sure, it's hard enough to find intelligent life on Earth.

• Red Dwarf school of space: There is nothing out there, not so much as a slightly intelligent plant.

• Hopefully there is a planet called Kamino.

• Hell to the yeah

• Yes but they never visit us and never will nor will we visit them because the energy required to travel such long distances would exceed the capacity of any spacecraft fuel tank.

• Maybe, not sure

• Yes, but we will never confirm

• You're implying that there is intelligent lifeforms on earth and I beg to differ. Humans have to be the most stupid of creatures anywhere in the universe.

I'm implying there must be intelligent lifeforms elsewhere besides Earth and more than likely at another galaxy.

Yes after you implied there was intelligent life forms on Earth and I am telling you there isn't.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• I believe there may be something in our Earth's oceans

• Yes, we do not know that much about Outer Space. We just scratch the surface.