Have you pondered suicide today?

I'm still troubled by a grade schooler who told me they didn't think they should be alive. In my country, we don't deal with mental illness very well - at least for those who cannot self identify and seek their own help. I'm thinking there are more people that have considered this than would admit it openly. Go anonymous and answe the poll. Share your opinion. Perhaps others won't feel so alone. Perhaps we can find a way to help eachother. We all have worth, even if we can not always see it ourselves.

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
  • Just show me the answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Not today, I don't have work 😏

Most Helpful Guy

• No, and it's been a good long while since I looked forward to death. Life is too good and I've got too much to do to even consider ending it.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• In "your country"? We both live in the US and we do try to accommodate people with mental illness.

There is help for those that seek it. I know of many violent crimes and homicides directly correlated to untreated mental illness. When we encounter someone distrpyonf theirs or others lives as a result, one has to ask what can we as individuals and we as a society do better?

True, I listed gun incidents. I'll continue. Then the person that killed their spouse of 27 years with arsenic and who also believed they were being spied upon and that people were breaking into their house to steal a wire whisk and throw towels on the floor. Then there's the guy that killed his neighbor with a sword and wounded his mother because he's construed a trivial matter as significant (previous unaddressed mental issues). The point is not what horrendous thing has occurred, rather the question is, can we do something better to help someone in need? My question for you is, do you feel we are doing all we should for those with mental illness?

We're doing all we 'can' do. It's not because America doesn't want to do more, it is because it's not possible in such a large and diverse country. It doesn't do any good to compare us to European countries because our country is almost as large as their entire continent.
      The only real valid complaint is funding, but that is the same problem for many other issues. It makes more sense to prioritize feeding hungry kids over increasing mental health aid.

• Maybe

• not today. been too busy with other shit.