Do you feel that your age group in GAG stops you from expressing your opinions?

I really wish I was mentioned as 25-29. It’s unfair, because I’m just ONLY 54 days away from turning 25. I feel that being 18-24 my posts have less impact, and I’m afraid that people here might assume that I’m 18.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I do sometimes worry that people may think I'm about 13 because when anonymous I'm in the "under 18" category. But I don't think that even being 17 makes me less knowledgeable than everyone else, I may think slightly differently about certain things but that doesn't make my opinions any less valid.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I say what I think is the best answer. If people think this is creepy or that I'm too old, that's their problem.

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes; I dont really pay attention to the age that the asker is. Unless the question seems like it was written by someone older then I stay away. Some people would just prefer it if someone near their age group would answer, but dont mind sharing an opinion to anything lol

• Stop posting as anon then

It would benefit me when I will be 25-29, because by then they might assume I'm 29.

Because I want to be taken more seriously here?

It can happen with whatever age

• I'm 33 and I express myself pretty freely bc I have a lot of experience. but, and no offense to anyone, I sometimes don't know if I should take advice from young people who are 27-25 or college students. I'm asking questions about grown men aged 35-40, and getting advice from people that think totally different. the mindstate of a 40yr old is way different than that of a 22yr old

• Your specific age shows when you don't post anon. Simple fix.

• Yes, I don't know why some people on here are like that. Which makes me limit what I want to say. I actually thought about deactivating my account, and not coming back, because of that. But some how I haven't yet, so I am here chilling. 😏
    I am not going to deactivate my account, tho... lol 😁

• Who counts down the days to their bday?
    54 days away lmao

25 is different than 20,21,22, for example.

I don't know, but I feel super excited that I will be fully 25 soon. I really can't wait!

• Of course, I'm 17... that is, turning 18 this month... Not that it will make any difference. Though I can't really blame people for not wanting to take advice from some silly kids... I mean, even I don't take the "under 18" opinions very seriously...

• Nope never

What Guys Said 12

• I am 61 years old and I say whatever I feel like saying. I think my opinions get read and considered - but not always accepted - and that is all that you can expect.

I do listen to the opinions of others, regardless of their age, and I follow some users who are under age 18 (no, not stalking or trying to perv!)

• Why? You wanna be taken seriously like that racist blue anon who's 25-29? Or that pink anon who is just 14 but her profile says 25-29?

Your age range doesn't mean much online, where most people lie, and when you even find immature grandmas.

• Nah, I express how I feel regardless of my age bracket. I don't limit my answers just because I'm 36.

• I mean I'm 18... :/. I hope I get taken seriously here LOL. But in sell honesty age has little to do with wisdom. I'm sure I'm smarter than a lot of people older than me and I'm sure some people younger than me are smarter than me too. I doubt someone looking for help won't consider your answer because of age.

• no, I don't think it really matters and I don't have the feeling that my age group (the one you wanna be in) gives me any advantages. post some good stuff and don't be anon, people will notice and remember your name and value it no matter of your age

• Of course not. I usually disregard people that are 16 and under but I'll at least listen to anyone that's 18.

• No i dont care.

• I believe in the weight of the words that one expresses and not the age of the person who expresses them.

• Not really and by the way my Birthday was yesterday

• I don't put much stock into the stated age online.

• yes in my case

• 18-24 is the dominant age group here, nobody thinks anything of it, they probably ignore people who are older more.