Weed for medicinal purposes a turn off?

I have PTSD. I have tried a lot of medication and I ended up becoming dependent on sleeping medication that took a toll on my health. I haven't smoked weed since like my junior year of high school. I hate the idea of being a lazy stoner because that's the opposite of me. A friend suggested I go ahead and get a prescription to smoke before bed. I think it might help and it a lot healthier for me to use this instead of those prescription medications.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it isn't but everyone has different turn offs and turn ons. You shouldn't be a 'lazy stoner' if you're doing it for medical reasons. My dad does it for his legs and he's still able to do everyday things. You don't really get a high from it. it just helps with the pain and what not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you smoke or just do edibles? I don't know i think it depends on how far you take it. I know alot' of people (mostly older) that use it for legitimate health issues. It's usually a better route for them as their retired or already on SS.

What Girls Said 3

• Just because you use a medical marijuana prescription doesn't mean you have to become a lazy stoner. It's that part that would be aturn off to me.

• ... You don't have to be a "lazy stoner" to smoke weed lmfao.
    Try it out and if it works for you then do it

• I'm sorry for what you've been through :( *hugs*

It wouldn't be a turn off but I'd be worried about him because of the smoking aspect. I'd want to make hash cake or soemthing for him :s

What Guys Said 2

• No harm in giving it a try - If you don't like the side effects, you can always change prescription

• i would take it for medical reasons only as well bro, just think it will help a bit.