What do you think about this video? Pain tolerance between the sexes?

I always thought women had a higher pain tolerance since we need to have it for labor and such. I did find it interesting that though while solo the women's average time was less then the men, when against them in the same room, the woman withstood the pain better and longer than the guy. The woman was a lot more composed than the man while he almost backed down once and was vocal about the pain.

Why do you think it's this way? Do you really believe that this proves that men have a higher pain tolerance? Is there anything in here that you noticed that I did not? I wanna hear what others have to say about this topic.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women have higher pain tolerance , i know of women go in labor and none of them were anything they had natural child birth.

Most Helpful Girl

• Women are better at withstanding longer periods of pain men are better at withstanding shorter periods of pain. I've learned this in health class.

Can you give a example please🙂?

the thing is I already know a lot about the subject and I went to school this is my third year, and there are many credible sources out there that can easily show you how incredible those claims are im not just some random genius on the internet this information is available to you. also the subject you speak on has EVERYTHING to do with sociology (specifically gender studies) and psychology, otherwise this wouldn't be in the discussion in the first place.

@Bobbyhill1 Okay well thank you.

What Guys Said 11

• some test made to spread girl power bs

For the record, their test showed that more men than women withstood the test... so it's not "girl power be"

No, the topic is what you thought of the info presented in this video. I know because I'm the one who started the question.

pain tolerance between sexes
      pain tolerance doesn't have any relation with gender besides sex organs males and females have the smae oragans

• There is a difference between pain tolerance (how much pain you can endure) and pain threshold (how much punishment you can take before you really start to feel the pain get stronger), she probably has a high pain threshold. Most people agree that pain tolerance is based on the individual, not the gender. I have a very pain tolerance but I still have limits. Women always like use the "giving birth" claim to feel superior but what they fail to mention is that the female body releases a natural pain killer during childbirth. Sure there are studies that have proven men have I higher pain tolerance. One study revealed women feel pain more intensely than men. I believe pain tolerance is based on the individual not the gender.

This video looks like misandrist propaganda to make women appear more pain tolerant, so I don't trust this video. Ask most people, they'll tell you that pain tolerance is based on the individual.

I didn't watch the video due to what a lot of people said.

Well learn for yourself instead of trusting people you don't even know.

• this is stupid. Nobody fits the category of 100 percent male or female. Meaning, female brains and male brains aren't even a real thing. We are all in between and we vary with each person meaning each male will not be the same and the same goes for women. Many women died from child birth without medication. Some women said that the pain was not bad. Some men fall in pain when they get kicked in between the legs, yet some men dont. the same thing happens to women when they are kicked between the legs, some may fall and some may not. Its all about how that specific person sees pain. Pain is not measurable, meaning its all up to the person and how they take it. also if you think something is going and you are not calm it can actually make the pain much worse.

• Men have a higher pain tolerance, women have more endurance in tolerating pain (child-birth can take some time 'duh).

Additionally that one experiment that was done a while ago where labor pain was simulated is bullocks. The men there experienced the pain worse simply because their body isn't build for that kind of muscle movement and because they have more muscles.

• Pain tolerance is not a gender things its and individual thing. This is stupid.

• I always thought women had a higher tolerance
    But I've never actually looked into studies and this one is pretty useless
    Majority of men won the first challenge and the second challenge only had one of each so that literally tells us nothing

• I don't know, I never trust BuzzFeed to not make biased content, at the same time, I think women handle longer durations of pain better then men while men can experience more pain better then women.

• I don't know, but my reasoning goes in a way that those who needed to hunt/fight/go to wars for most of the past would have much bigger pain tolerance.

But yeah, getting punched is a lot shorter than giving a birth...

• Nothing I didn't expect. I knew the men would come out on top.

• There have been studies done better than this.

Men handle pain better than women.

Childbirth hurts but... Like there's nothing you can do about it. It happens and that's that.

• I personally believe men have a higher pain tolerance. Between playing hockey, skateboarding and working in an industrial field I have seen some men I know get hurt pretty bad and just suck it up and continue on without it phasing them. I have never personally seen a women do that to the same extent.

What Girls Said 6

• It's buzzfeed, run away

• I have way higher of a pain tolerance than most guys.. or people in general that i know.

• Men do have a higher pain tolerance, it's been tested and proven. It's weird though, men are such pussies when they get sick..

• I don't think that test is a good experiment. 12 people is not enough and there are many reasons why someone wouldn't be able to handle putting a hand into ice water. I wouldn't do it solely because who gives a fuck.

• I say it depends on the person, not the gender. Also the ethnic background, and the location where one lives have to do something with it.

• Women really have higher pain tolerance. It is proven by science.

No it's not, there are various studies that dispute that claim. Women feel pain more intensely than men. Women release natural pain killers during childbirth to ease the pain. It's widely accepted that pain tolerance is based on the Individual, not the gender.

@ADFSDF1996 Yeah, thats true.

Indeed🙂.