Why does shit like EQ even exist?

EQ is bullshit, and doesn't exist.

it's pretty obvious that it doesn't, it's made up.

can anybody really prove it does?

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• What the fuck are yo talking about? You mean like for music?

An equalizer? Those are very real. Just about everything you listen to is put through an EQ. There are many different types/uses

There is the 3 band wich is probably the most common. The Graphic EQ which usually comes in flavors of 8,16 and 32 bands. Really it can be any number of bands those are just examples. a 16 band EQ is pretty common though.

Then there's the most useful one of them all. A parametric EQ which can be used to single out very specific parts in a sound. If we select a part of the sound that is extremely specific then we have arguably created a notch filter.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Best answer so far 😂

• 2mo

Lol this was my first thought when I read this. Music would sound very muddy if there wasn't any sort of EQ / tone control on amps, DAWs, and shtuff.

• 2mo

i'm talking about emotional intelligence, fool.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 6

• What do you mean by EQ?
    Like with music?

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol wtf is that?

0|0
    0|0
  • The ability to understand emotion is very real.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

it's not, it's pretty pc.

• Show All
    • 2mo

it's not, it's invented by psychologists. actually, animal behaviour/psychology is unknown, dogs/cats show emotions humans do, but cool, i'll leave your manufactured concepts.

• 2mo

Yes but their ability to understand emotion amd the complexity thereof is much shallow than in humans, hence we having a higher EQ.

• what the hell is EQ?

0|0
    0|0
  • What is EQ?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he's talking about emotional intelligence

0|0
    0|0