What would you do if someone was following you home at night?

Some fucking creep was following me. I could sense it at first and thought maybe I'm just being weird but took precautions and walked the opposite way of my house

I stopped turned around and just stared at him like wtf. And he pretended to go into a yard he was standing in the trees watching me I turned to walk the other way towards my house to see what he would do and he started following me again I just straight up was like buddy you better fuck off I'm calling the cops I pulled our my phone and he walked away really quick. Wtf I made sure he was down the street a bit then ran to my house so he wouldn't see where I lived

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, I'd walk to my house, walk inside, run, grab a kitchen knife, strip down, and run after the creep buck naked yelling, "Satan's comin' for ya Bitch!"
    That, or walk into the garage, get the wood chipper going, open up the door, and drop nails in that sucker.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same creepy thing happened to me about 2 years back! Some guy wearing a hood would follow me and stop whenever I'd stop and walk faster whenever I walked faster. I stopped at a cross roads and he stopped at the other side of the road and pulled out my phone and pretended to call the police, I spoke really loud so he could hear me and made it believable by saying where exactly I was and "staying in line". Took a few minutes until he ran off and as soon as he was gone I ran into a bar and asked the barkeeper to call me a taxi.

I had like 0 credit on my phone so I'm super relieved that creep actually bought me calling the cops and left, he could have attacked me instead.. Seriously one of the scariest nights of my life.

omg that's so creepy fuck... Yeah the world is so messed up

What Guys Said 11

• You did the right thing, taking them off guard and challenging them takes the power back. Anyway, I've been in dodgy situations before. You can't do much more than the situation calls for. For example, one time I was walking home, and 4 Asian men got out of the car and started walking towards me. Both running and fighting seemed futile in that situation.

In general, I'd follow the two golden rules. Head towards public areas if you find yourself in that situation. Try not to walk home alone at night, again, stay away from backstreets and the like.

And of course, I'm an advocate of martial arts. If you don't know how to, get someone to show you a few basic things and get used to pummeling a heavy bag once or twice a week. Better yet, learn one. But of course, I know that's not practical for many and involves a serious time investment. I don't think it would be fun to get into a situation where it all boils down to a physical showdown and you're struggling to land a punch, do anything, that will actually disable or shock him.

• Am I on foot or am I on wheels?
    Cos if I'm on foot I can always circle out to the busier part of town.
    If I'm on wheels , well , he's not gonna be able to catch up.

• He he'd be a guy, I would beat the crap out of him

• If you see the same guy fallowing you Just call the cops with out him notice you do that or take a picture of him or video and report to cops.

• i would confront him if i were you. and kick the shit out of him
    talk to someone stronger

• Can any family members or friends accompany you when you walk the streets at night?

No I was at my brothers house and took the bus back after midnight I know its not safe at night but usually my neighborhood is pretty safe

I needed to get home to take medication and I have to be up super early to go mountain biking the van leaves at 6:00 am :( otherwise I would have

I see, well could your Brother not bring you home?

• Buy a gun so you can defend yourself if he tries something. Call the cops next it happens.

• Except for the last point and the cruel to animals and children point ( tell tale signs of a psychopath) on your domestic abuse list it all sounds like a normal relationship and in some points are just traditional which many women like, but if you flip it around that its a woman doing all these things on the list is she a domestic abuser?
    Its sounds like you have certain feminist beliefs but because you enjoy the whole fifty shades and twilight franchises and adore the male characters you need to justify to yourself liking them despite them both being abusers of women. I suspect at the back of it all you prefer traditional sexist men. Take Edward for instance he's a 800 year old that picks up a teen for romantic sexual relations at her school and creeps on her while she sleeps, isolates her from friends and family and brings her into his group/cult. The only reason his abuses are acceptable to you is because he's a pretty boy.
    Now take Christian Grey he's a young handsome billionaire who despite being able to get any woman he wants pursues a plain jane with no money and little education (liberal arts degrees dont count) and proceeds to take advantage of her and beats her which as is often said about him that if he was a poor white trash guy with a pot belly it would be an episode of criminal minds.
    Seems that virtually everything is domestic abuse, sexual abuse or rape these days depending on how rich and attractive a guy is. If the domestic abuse list applies to your to favorite charcters then its domestic abuse, it can't be one rule for them and different for others. Perhaps you need to revaluate your core feminist values as you are clearly find domestic abusers and sexist men attractive.

honestly buddy I stopped reading your comment at "Its sounds like you have certain feminist beliefs"

Get the fuck outta here with that shit. If it was a woman or an attractive younger guy it would be equally as creepy. You're either stupid as fuck or troll.. not sure which one.

wrong question, I was commenting on a take about why the male leads in twighshight/50 shades are domestic abusers.
      Take precautions walking home such as getting someone to go with you, keep your phone with and maybe learn self defense such krav maga or brazilian jujitsu. Hopefully you live somewhere where you can legally carry mace/pepper spray or even a gun. Report it to the police and find out who he is that way if any neighbours or friends see him lurking about they can warn you. I can't say if he meant you any harm you but be safe and do what you need to protect yourself.

• Carry pepper spray from now on. They are really cheap now a days. They sell them in most auto shops for some reason.

Just don't test it indoors. Just one little squirt will be making your house smell like a jalapeƱo processing facility.

• i would get a boyfriend ;)

• Go somewhere else. Somewhere far from my house. Then I'd go somewhere they can't follow me, like a bathroom, and call the police. Maybe. Hypothetically.

What Girls Said 14

• Always Make sure there are Plenty of Houses around Town and Lit up Streets as well. This way if Anything goes Down, you can run to the Nearest House and start Pounding on the Door.
    Yes, I have been Followed a Few times when I lived in New York. However, I never Showed Fear here, dear, but Instead, Sped up my Walk and was Ready like Bat Out Of Hell Betty to Go... To the Nearest House like a no Scared Mouse.
    I have even been "Stopped" by vehicles in the Nite, Called Over to the car, but I will Not go over, just Turn the Other way, in fact, and Walk the other Way.
    Good luck and Good Work. xx

• I wouldn't go home, I don't want him to know where I live, I will probably let him follow me until I reach a busy street or something and call my family.

• call someone and talk loudly that some creep is following me giving a fully description of him and exactly where he happened to be standing. I guarantee he will vanish into thin air real quick

• Kick him in his nuts, run, and call the police. That'll give you enough still time.

The first part was a joke. Kinda.

• I would be scared and would have done the same.
    This boy was following me once and I thought he was stalking me lol, so I just warned I would call the cops and he said it was just a dare from his friends to talk to me.

But on a serious note, tell your guardians perhaps.

lol I'm 23 I don't live with my parents

• You had a good reaction. Main thing is not to show fear. Because then you show victim behaviour. And if you see him do that again, I would report to the police.

• I would do the same thing you did! I would also be freaking out on the inside. xD

• I think you should keep a stun gun in your purse and a pepper spray too

• you shouldn't do that lmao. What if he shot you or attached you? you'd be nowhere near your house or safety.

i would get a good look at him, run to my front door and call the cops so i could report him

run to your house so that he could follow you an see where you live? That's exactly why I went the other way. The way I was faking toward was right near a very busy street which was actually safer and had more people around

Okay fair enough. It sounded as if you went down an isolated alley or something lol

no lol :P just walked past my house actually continued going own the street toward the KFC I'm one street over from a busy intersection

• I don't think I would've walked AWAY from my house incase he grabbed me. I would've acted (or just actually called) like I was on the phone with my boyfriend or mom and tell them that I would be there soon and if I did call I would whisper I feel like someone is following me.

• I'd walk faster, and definitely try to ignore him. Speed dial the cops if he did something. Plus, I can bet I could outrun whoever would be following me.

• Doesn't occur where I live. In the boroughs it does women always carry knives on them because of it.

• Same as you. Threatened to call the cops.
    I don't walk alone at night much anymore though.

• I would report that incident to the police. Good for you for calling him out on his weird creepy behaviour. I hope this never happens again but should it happen, then try and take a picture. Did you tell your parents/family members?