Only poor people say 'money doesn't buy happiness'?

True or false?

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Guy

• It's true. Money is new god of this cursed world. But It's not about owning things, it's about providing a comfortable life for your family, good education, good health care, good nutrition. These lead to building confident and successful children. But how you earn living is also important in determining how happy you can be. For example if you invest in high risk businesses, you are more likely to be stressed out and are always on your toes scared of losing a deal.
    My best friend owns a factory producing electronic accessories for Apple, he makes nearly 1 million every month, but he's always stressed out because he has to wake up super early in the morning, run after people, chase suppliers, kiss asses to get shit done and so on. Eventually he was so depressed he sold his business and went on to open a smaller one, a pub. He makes fraction of what he used to make but now he's happy calm and cheerful.

Most Helpful Girl

• False

I've known weathly people state that money didn't bring them happiness. It didn't take away their problems, it only changed them

I've also known people who are struggling financially , but yet they're happy most of the time , and content living within their means

Happiness is only a temporary emotion, not a permanent state , so money can buy you happiness, but it's never permanent. Maybe prolonged though. No one is happy 24/7 (unless they are a robot) . Regardless of whether they people are poor or rich.

Most people will have longer spells of happiness when if they are wealthy.

What Guys Said 19

• Eh , I've found it's usually said by people who are so unfathomably rich , who despite of their many possessions don''t seem to be happy , fast forward a few years , they turn buddhist , donate everything to charity , write a book and say "money doesn't buy happiness".

• Money doesn't buy happiness but it does give you enough time to do the things that make you happy.

Worrying about the next meal on the table isn't a good thing. If you're happy, not struggling but also not rich? Well you're happy. What more do you need.

• Money give you the freedom to find happiness.

And id rather be depressed in the back of my Rolls Royce with coked out supermodels than depressed living under a bridge sleeping next to rats.

• I have more than enough money and believe that "Money doesn't buy you happiness"

• money can buy everything
    specially women bc between a rich guy who doesn't love and a poor guy who loves
    the rich guy will win
    its better to live in a big house even if she hates the guy than to live poorly

• false, moeny can't buy happiness is very true. you can't buy true love, you can't buy true feelings, you can't buy Trust, you can't buy time.

• naw, that make no sense. It's the opposite.

• Money can buy a sh*t ton of stuff lol. In some cases it's true, I mean if you're rich but born with some serious heart disease you're screwed.

• False money buys temporary happiness

• I dont know how money buys a state of mind which we call happiness.

• give me da money and i'll show how i invest em for long lasting happiness

• Money doesn't buy happiness. But, it does allow you to choose your own form of misery.

• happiness is subjective.

• I don't know definitely you're not happy if you don't have enough of them.

• False

• With money comes a certain level of control. But ultimately the "happiness" many seek, is companionship and love... &
    Money can't buy that 😞.

• I know Number very wealthy people; very few are genuinely happy. In fact most are very stressed.

• So far everone i know that has said that irl is poor.

The ones with more money and know how to live within their means don't say that.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think so. I come from a very wealthy family and I have multiple family members who suffer from depression, during the worst of my eating disorder I suffered from it, too. So it clearly doesn't buy happiness, unless you're talking happiness in a very superficial way. I've actually heard that phrase from people from the middle/lower middle class far more often.

• poor say that because they want to feel better about not having money.. and riches say that because now that they have money.. and they want something else to whine and feel bad about

• Rich or Poor, @splashwoman, Money can be the Death of Anyone, hun.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• That's false. Happiness is an internal thing, it has nothing to do with material items. All those do is temporarily distract you from your misery and when it no longer works you spend more money on more distractions.

• False

UN happy people who HAVE money say it from actual experience!!!
    Money DOES buy freedom though, that is undeniable.

• False, only rich people say that. Happiness doesn't pay your bills.

• nah rich people say that because they usually never experienced being without money

• I feel like rich people say that more like woe is me what do I do with all this money